Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Periodicals: Upcoming Article - by TomTomKent 1 hour and 13 minutes ago.
Scene of the Crimes: distances between kills.odd - by packers stem 1 hour and 19 minutes ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: George Hutchinson Shadowing Sarah Lewis' Statement - by packers stem 1 hour and 27 minutes ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Help On Some Details - by packers stem 2 hours ago.
Scene of the Crimes: distances between kills.odd - by Elamarna 2 hours ago.
Non-Ripper Books by Ripper Authors: "Prey Time" - by Trevor Marriott 5 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Mary Jane Kelly: Help On Some Details - (21 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: George Hutchinson Shadowing Sarah Lewis' Statement - (9 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Most accurate reconstruction (Graphic Warning) - (7 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: distances between kills.odd - (2 posts)
Periodicals: Upcoming Article - (1 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Victims > Non-Canonical Victims > Torso Killings

Old 01-10-2019, 06:16 AM
Commisioner

Sam Flynn: If we're looking for patterns, there has to be consistency. Real consistency, that is, not assumed, generalised or fudged.

Indeed!

You're missing my point. Pinchin had a single, vertical gash - it's more of a "scoring", actually, but let's go with "gash" - to her abdomen, and that's as far as it went. Jackson had more than "a gash" to her abdomen, as did some other torso victims, to say nothing of four out of five canonical Ripper victims, most of whose abdominal wounds were far more extensive.

No, I am not missing your point. Your point was to deny that Jackson had a vertical gash in the trunk, all the way from sternum to pelvis.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 06:22 AM
Commisioner

Sam Flynn: What links Cross to those torsos deposited in the West of London, e.g. Chelsea and/or Battersea?

What I said was that the obvious link is between him and the Pinchin Street torso. What links him to the rest is:

He seemingly killed Nichols - the Ripper and the Torso killer is the same man - ergo, he also killed the torsos dumped in Chelsea/Battersea.

In terms of the torso cases, almost certainly the urge to dispose of body parts effectively, and to minimise traceability by rendering the victims as anonymous as possible.

No, that is completely incorrect. The Torso killer was an aggressive dismemberer/mutilator/eviscerator, and that kind of man does not have disposal and indentification issues on top of his list. Aren´t you getting a lot of sand in your eyes, sticking your head in it like that? First it was "no, the killer did not take out the uterus from Jackson", now it is "it seems he did", then it was "No, Jackson did not have a long, vertical gash in her trunk", now it is "you misunderstand me..."

Getting there, getting there!
Old 01-10-2019, 06:23 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Beaver View Post
Come on Sam. you of all people should have worked out that Charlie Ripper-Torsoman loaded up his pickfords van and scattered body parts whilst driving erratically through the street of London/Whitechapel, when he wasn't walking them at un-godly hours of the night & morning .
Yes, that is what it looks like. Why do you find it funny? Share, please, so we all may have a laugh!
Old 01-10-2019, 06:28 AM
Superintendent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman View Post
He [Lechmere] seemingly killed Nichols
Old 01-10-2019, 06:31 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D View Post
Well, Harry, he DID ask how I link Lechmere to the "West Side" victims, although he was perfectly aware of it beforehand, so I´d say that Gareth is the one throwing rotten baitfish into the water.

And the scenario as such remains more credible than any other scenario, right? (bait)
Old 01-10-2019, 06:31 AM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Beaver View Post
Come on Sam. you of all people should have worked out that Charlie Ripper-Torsoman loaded up his pickfords van and scattered body parts whilst driving erratically through the street of London/Whitechapel, when he wasn't walking them at un-godly hours of the night & morning .
He must have had a hell of a job getting that cart of his into the basement of Scotland Yard!

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Old 01-10-2019, 06:34 AM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Sam Flynn: What links Cross to those torsos deposited in the West of London, e.g. Chelsea and/or Battersea?

What I said was that the obvious link is between him and the Pinchin Street torso. What links him to the rest is:

He seemingly killed Nichols - the Ripper and the Torso killer is the same man - ergo, he also killed the torsos dumped in Chelsea/Battersea.
As non-sequiturs/circular arguments go, that's a humdinger even by your standards.
Quote:
In terms of the torso cases, almost certainly the urge to dispose of body parts effectively, and to minimise traceability by rendering the victims as anonymous as possible.

No, that is completely incorrect. The Torso killer was an aggressive dismemberer/mutilator/eviscerator
Says you.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:34 AM
Commisioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Flynn View Post
He must have had a hell of a job getting that cart of his into the basement of Scotland Yard!
Well, if you can get it up your behind, he should have less trouble taking it down a cellar vault, I´d say.

Alternatively, he put the cart OUTSIDE. An outrageous suggestion, I know.

So we have now once more reached the stage where the ones loosing out on the argument side seek each other´s comfort in the shape of a few hearty jokes? How very unexpected.

Last edited by Fisherman : 01-10-2019 at 06:40 AM.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:38 AM
Casebook Supporter

Quote:
Well, if you can get it up your behind, he should have less trouble taking it diwn a cellar vault, I´d say.

Alternatively, he put the cart OUTSIDE. An outrageous suggestion, I know.

So we have now once more reached the stage where the ones loosing out on the argument side seek each other´s comfort in the shape of a few hearty jokes? How very unexpected.
We're not "loosing" any argument. Your reasoning was "loose" to begin with, and it remains so.

(And yes, I know that "loosing" was only a typo on your part, but at least it helped me make another hearty joke.)

Old 01-10-2019, 06:38 AM
Commisioner

Sam Flynn: As non-sequiturs/circular arguments go, that's a humdinger even by your standards.

No - it is the most credible solution offered to date. Says I.

Says you.

No, it is the evidence that makes the claim:

We KNOW that he mutilated, it is proven.

We KNOW that he eviscerated, it is proven.

We KNOW that this is exactly what aggressive dismemberers will do, while non-aggressive dismemberers will NOT do it.

And we KNOW how hard it is to admit things, when you have beforehand staked your judgment and reputation on the other bet. But is it really productive to react like a child when you are proven wrong? Or is it counterproductive?

I´ll leave you to solve that riddle, I have better things to do than this kind of a "discussion".

Last edited by Fisherman : 01-10-2019 at 06:41 AM.