No announcement yet.

Schwartz and Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry i was basing it on the womans reply of not tonight.I just thought that was more of a girlfriend/wife line (sorry to the women on here no offence intended)than a woman in Liz's 'line of work'

Dixon9
    still learning

Comment

• reasonable evidence

Hello Harry.

"I am of the opinion the woman Brown saw was Stride. I would welcome any suggestion, backed by re[a]sonable evidence, that she was not."

Agreed. All we can hope for is reasonable evidence and its interpretations.

The best.
      LC

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
        Lynn,
        All things are possible,but I am of the opinion the woman Brown saw was Stride.I would welcome any suggestion,backed by resonable evidence,that she was not.
        As am I Harry. The incident he reports is much more in keeping with the kind of mood that Liz would have had to be in to even consider having a cachous, a quiet tete a tete is much more probable to have within it a reason to have a cachous....close quarter conversation....than her reacting to an altercation that left her on the ground and having to brush off her boot length skirt.

Add to that opinion Browns appearance at the Inquest, and Israels story's absence from any records of that Inquest. And the fact that Fanny Mortimer could hear bootsteps on the street when she wasnt at her door, but didnt hear anything of the altercation Schwartz describes, nor did she see anyone on the street or near the gates from around 12:45 to 12:55-:56, when she was at her door off and on.

With Browns sighting, Liz has time to cross the street with or without the man seen with her and enter the yard by herself possibly and still be out of sight of Fanny.

Best regards Harry

Comment

• Originally posted by dixon9 View Post
          Harry i was basing it on the womans reply of not tonight.I just thought that was more of a girlfriend/wife line (sorry to the women on here no offence intended)than a woman in Liz's 'line of work'

Dixon9
          still learning
          Hi,
          Couldn't it also be the line of a working girl who was taking an evening off?

curious

Comment

• hi curious
            yes could well be something Liz might say on a night off.

Dixon9
            still learning

Comment

• sorry to post again straight after my last post.Do you think Liz that evening was acting like a lady on a night off?If Gardner and Best are to believed(which there is no reason not to) ,Liz seemed pretty flirty at around 11pm at The Bricklayers Arms.Just a thought

Dixon9
              still learning

Comment

sorry to post again straight after my last post.Do you think Liz that evening was acting like a lady on a night off?If Gardner and Best are to believed(which there is no reason not to) ,Liz seemed pretty flirty at around 11pm at The Bricklayers Arms.Just a thought

Dixon9
                still learning
                What we do know about Liz that night Dixon is that she seemed in good spirits when she left the lodging house, despite being denied the use of a borrowed lint brush for her skirt, she had 6d that she had been paid for cleaning some rooms which she showed to a lodgemate, she was wearing what he lodgemate describes as her "good" evening wear, and Liz tells her that she will not be returning that night, nor did she know when she would be back again, and asked the lodgemate to hold a swatch of velvet for her. Sometime later that night she acquires a maidenfern arrangement which she attaches to her jacket.

Although she is seen with a few different men, none can be confirmed as being anything more than acquaintances she was friendly with,...we know of no "tricks" she may have performed that night. Nor is there any indication that she consumed any traceable amounts of alcohol.

I think its important to recognize that we have at least 2 statements from different sources that tell us that Liz was capable of disappearing for weeks and some cases months at a time....Kidney states that, and so does an ex-landlady. In Kidneys statements we have indications that he believed at least some of those periods Liz was with another man for the time she was gone....but she would return eventually....."as I believe she liked me better than any other man."

Liz may well have been planning to disappear for a while again, she is free of Michael at this point, and she does not know when she will be back to a lodgehouse where she frequently stays.

Is that new man someone at the International Club that night?

My guess is yes.

Best regards

Comment

• thanks for at Perry

Comment

thanks for at Perry
                    Glad the info helped dixon.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                    X