Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

News of the day:

Only 15 books left!

78 are gone and 7 are reserved awaiting payment... making 85.

This is in ten days.

Happy with that!

Helena
    Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Another reader's photo!
      Attached Files

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Another really lovely comment from a reader! I'm rather chuffed!
        Attached Files

Comment

NINE books left now, folks!

Comment

Got in from work to find mine....Can't wait to start it,presentation is beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
              Hi Dave ,a home is not a home without a cat the only problem is the cat ends up owning you.
              Or, in my case, it ends up giving you asthma attacks
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

UPDATE

All hardbacks sold out.

Making amendments to the text over the next few weeks, then going to print a paperback edition.

To reserve a paperback, email me or message me.

Thanks to everyone for the messages of praise and support!

Helena

Comment

Congratulations Helena

But what text are you amending for the paperback? It was (is) as near to perfection as you can get....

Best wishes always

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                    Congratulations Helena

But what text are you amending for the paperback? It was (is) as near to perfection as you can get....

Best wishes always

Dave
                    You are very kind Mr Cogi!

Just after I sent the hardback to the printer, some new information was brought to my attention. Nothing earth-shattering, but interesting enough to include. Then two days ago a certain someone sent me a sixteen-page essay on Chapman, containing some interesting bits and bobs that are new to me.

So I'm going to disrupt the entire book now, and will have to re-typeset it and have the index re-made, to incorporate these changes. I don't mind, it will give me something to do over Xmas!

None of the new material is earth-shattering, it does not change the overall gist of the book.

I will upload the new pages to my website so those who bought the hardback can read the new material.

Helena

Comment

They've found some bits of the Mosquito?

Comment

The book arrived, ....not sure when though.
                        On Sunday morning a falling tree branch brought down the electrical wires to our house. The police came and cordoned the front of the house off because live wires were in the snow. At least we know we won't be getting any bills for a while

Today, we sneaked past the tape to check the mailbox, low and behold there's a package in there, stone cold.
                        So, the book is resting on the radiator thawing out, would hate to crack the spine by opening a cold book.

Thankyou Helena, and a merry xmas.
                        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                          Today, we sneaked past the tape to check the mailbox, low and behold there's a package in there, stone cold.
                          Don't worry, Jon. It's in a jacket.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                            Don't worry, Jon. It's in a jacket.
                            You are such a wag, Gareth!

Comment

There's nothing more aggravating, to me at least, than a loose dust jacket when your trying to read the book. I always remove them to store in a box to keep them pristine.

Really top quality publication Helena, congratulations!
                              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

There's nothing more aggravating, to me at least, than a loose dust jacket when your trying to read the book. I always remove them to store in a box to keep them pristine.
                                I think that is probably the correct way to use a dustjacket. Stop it collecting dust on a shelf. They are much too delicate to keep wrapped around a book when reading it.

Really top quality publication Helena, congratulations!
                                Awww... nice of you to say so... many thanks.

Perhaps I should blow my own trumpet a tad more and tell you that I do all my own typesetting (the page-by-page layout, choice of font, margins, headings, etc) and also perform the cover design and the laying out of the cover to the exact dimensions - front, back, spine.

Book printing companies these days do not have any input in these matters. All they do is print the PDF supplied, just like your own printing machine at home. The file, page by page, has to be submited to them exactly as you want it printed (ditto the cover).

I have realised (from readers' comments) that some seem to think I just submitted a MS Word file and a heap of photo and captions to the printer and they did the rest!-- I wish!

Helena

Comment

Working...
                                X