Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup

GOT MILIK?
    Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 06-21-2018, 07:37 AM.
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

The Croatia/Argentina game got particularly nasty today.
    “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
      The Croatia/Argentina game got particularly nasty today.
      They got embarrassed.
      "Is all that we see or seem
      but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
      quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I've a question, you people who know about such things. We're hosting the World Cup in 2026, but we're doing it in conjunction with Canada and Mexico. I know that the host country gets an automatic berth, but what happens in a case like this? None of the news I've read so far addresses this.
        - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
          I know that the host country gets an automatic berth, but what happens in a case like this? N
          They haven't said yet. FIFA has only said the will announce their decision on it at some point in the next few years. The united bid was written using the assumption all three would get automatic places, which is probably what will happen.
          I think the U.S. will get an automatic place even if they don't give one to all three. The U.S. hosting a lot more games then Mexico and Canada.
          I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Thanks!
            - Ginger

Comment

If past record is anything to go by, both South Korea and Japan were automatically qualified for the 2002 World Cup (and seeded in their respective groups). I would be very surprised if this would be different for 2026.

And yes, the Argies had their asses handed back to them last night

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                I've a question, you people who know about such things. We're hosting the World Cup in 2026, but we're doing it in conjunction with Canada and Mexico. I know that the host country gets an automatic berth, but what happens in a case like this? None of the news I've read so far addresses this.
                The number of countries in the competition is increasing again, so I expect all 3 will qualify automatically.

Comment

Working...
                X