Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was Whitechapel's homicide rate, sans the Ripper?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well sir, I do not have maps for all of England. I can separate the weapon type as a category unto itself, so all knife kills in one folder and such. I can do the same with self inflicted. As long as I have the data, for example ( Joe Jackass, 23 whatever the hell road, gunshot, self inflicted) would be stellar for me. I know it is much work for you, however, you have a good mind and have covered the material before so it will not be so bad. Dave
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

OK

Hello Dave. I can do a little at a time (at least, until the term ends).

Shall we begin with the April 8 edition of Lloyd's?

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Sounds good Sir, just email me the details, I will then email you the map(s). Dave
        We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

Interesting project. The best of luck to the both of you with that.
          I seem to hazily recall that the most knife-related homicides in Victorian London occurred in West London. I'm afraid I don't recall if I read that in a thread or perhaps through statistics by Colin Roberts, but I might look it up at a later point (after having acquired some sleep first!)...
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

sharp observation

Hello Maria. Your answer is sharp, as always. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

You will also find a good deal of murders and suicides done by razor.

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

email

Hello Dave. Email received. I have replied.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Hello Lynn,
                Sharp, eh? You seem utterly preoccupied with razors these days.
                By the way, I'm pretty sure that the statistics result about West London coming up number 1 in murders during the Victorian era came from Colin Roberts. I'll try to find the thread in question later tonight, when I have some time in my hands. (And it'd be nice if someone more experienced preceded me in this, he he!)
                Best regards,
                Maria

Comment

Lloyd's

Hello Maria. Well, my wife wishes I had MORE of a preoccupation with razors. (heh-heh)

I shall soon have a go at Lloyd's and see about murders in London.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Hello Lynn,
                    I hope this just refers to shaving.
                    Good luck with Loyds Weekly. Myself I feel strangely unmotivated for work today. I don't know if it's the antibiotics I've been taking until a couple days ago, but I feel like sleeping for a year. Or maybe because yesterday I worked non stop for 27 hours (for real, I have the emails to prove it.)...
                    Best regards,
                    Maria

Comment

Violent deaths in Whitechapel...
                      From the famous 1893 Annual Report of Sanitary Conditions of the Whitechapel District.
                      Attached Files

Comment

So how did the project turn out, Lynn?

- CFL

Comment

Working...
                        X