No announcement yet.

Aerial view of Mitre Square today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are great, I feel like I am there, albeit in the sky, and running behind a copper!!

"What do we av ere then!!"
    Regards Mike

Comment

Thems the bunnies! How cool are they?
      Do you remember the virtual tour of Bucks Row?
      Roll up the lino, Mother. We're raising Behemoth tonight!

Comment

Take a look at this work in progress,

Buck's Row 3D Model used for the film Autumn Of Terror

Created by Justin Dombrowski who is making a Ripper Movie due for 2010 release. These are his early creations.

His thread is in the Ripper Media section of the message boards, and he covers the production of the movie in detail.

He also appeared on Episode 3 of the Ripper Podcast, to discuss his movie, and previous Ripper Movies.
        Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
          These are great, I feel like I am there, albeit in the sky, and running behind a copper!!

"What do we av ere then!!"
          Erm, the title of the thread is??

The images were taken from Jake Luukanen's joint article (with some muppet) in Ripperologist 75 as well and work done for the Wolverhampton Conference 2007.

Monty
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
            Robert,

I love the image merge on the first shot showing rippers corner.

It is such a small square in reality, but is oozing menace, and not somewere I would want to be at night.

Ha! Mike, take a look at the thread on spooky things in Pub Talk. Caz actually was there at night! It gave me chills to think of a woman sitting there alone at night!
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Hi celesta,

I am quite a burly bloke and it frightened me to be in that square alone, especially when there was some crazed woman watching me!!

I read your piece about yourself in the square on your own, your braver than I am, I am usually the member of Yorkshire Paranormal screaming like a girl when all the girls are off investigating in the dark.

Yes Monty I know the name of the thread
              Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                Nell, Mike,

You mean these?

Jake Luukanens work.....what a man.
                Woww! Yes! Wouldn't I just love to put Jake Luukanens up in front of Alan Sugar!!

Comment

In case people missed it and didn't click on the link, this is what was proposed for Mitre Square (presumably from Mitre Street close to Ripper's Corner) :

Nothing wrong with it if there was nothing there before, but could you imagine if this had been successful? I might guess it was rejected because it's right next to the John Cass school and vehicles need access. Still, the big office block in Mitre Square has been empty for a few years now and technically there is not actually a resident or even business there now, just the back of other properties and a big empty building.

PHILIP
                  Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

check this out

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Just following your thread and bumped into this on utube.

Is this the production they were making at conference?..

Its worth a watch just to catch Richard Jones mostache

Anyway it looks pretty good, shame they didn't dub it in english?

They should have contacted me about 'Blood' formula's..leave it to the experts..

Anyway do have a watch..sorry to side track better get back to my own edit

Arh! Jeff

Comment

Nell,

I agree. Shame the head of an upcoming project didnt feel the same. Complete and utter fools!

Phil,

It just shows we shouldnt take the area for granted.

Monty
                      Monty

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                        ... it's a myth about the cobbles being original too.
                        Philip,

You should point that out to your buddy, Richard Jones. In the most recent edition of his Walking Haunted London he says that they are all that remain of the original square (p. 19). While you're at it, you might give him a hand with the ten or so minor errors he makes in his brief discussion of the Ripper murders.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          Also these,
                          Awsome!

NOV9
                          In the Land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is King !

Comment

NOV9,

Arent they?

Monty
                            Monty

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                              This projects has not been rejected.According to http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=580666 construction will start in 2008. The link I posted is very usefull, itīs a guide to all major projects under construction/approved/proposed in London.
                              Although this new building is just a glass box itīs still an improvement.

The official 1 Mitre Square thread.

Comment

Whitechapel High Street returned to two-way traffic

The Aldgate East gyratory was built in the Seventies but has been criticised ever since for creating a "racetrack" mentality among motorists, terrifying pedestrians and cyclists.

Under an Ģ8 million engineering scheme due to take the rest of the year, the northernmost section of the system, Whitechapel High Street, will be returned to two-way traffic.

Braham Street, which runs parallel with Whitechapel High Street to the south, will be transformed next year. The western end of the road will become a public space with lawns, trees, seating and a "performance" area.

Other roads near Braham Street, including Mansell Street, Leman Street and Alie Street, will remain one-way but will get new pedestrian crossings and "advanced stop" bays for cyclists. Pedestrian underpasses will be replaced with street-level crossings. Preliminary work by engineers has started and major work will begin within weeks, with the traffic "switch" - when cars can begin to travel in both directions along Whitechapel High Street - planned for August.

As part of the scheme, overseen by Transport for London, pavements will be widened and a new entrance to Aldgate East Tube station will be created south of Whitechapel High Street, with a new taxi pick-up and drop-off point. The project is being funded by developer Tishman Speyer, which proposes to build a commercial development at the eastern end of Braham Street once roadworks are completed.

In return, the company will be given the parcel of land - which is currently highway - free.

TfL says diversions for cars will be signposted when necessary.

Dana Skelley, TfL's interim director of road network management, said: "The changes we are making have been welcomed by all of the road-users we've spoken to, particularly cyclists.

"The scheme will not only improve the accessibility and safety of the road network but, with the creation of a new public space, we will be contributing to the overall regeneration of Aldgate."

Kevin Delaney, of the Institute of Advanced Motorists, said: "This is one of the most important gyratory systems to the east of the City.

"It is difficult to overstate the importanceof this transport node, and unless the improvements are carried out sensitively and promptly, they could bring traffic chaos."

Koy Thomson, London Cycling Campaign's chief executive, welcomed the scheme. "Removing this urban blight will restore this historic area for business and personal use," he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X