Does anyone believe MJD was murdered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Storm Teacup View Post
    Yes, it seems to be a more logical assessment after studying the evidence at hand and the inconsistencies surrounding his alleged suicide that he was murdered. Possibly either knocked unconscious, drugged or even killed *before* having his body weighed down with stones and dumped in the river.
    Hi,
    Was he found without any shoes?
    Almost in all Thames suicide attempts, the person for some inexplicable reason remove their shoes according to the London river police.
    So if he was wearing them, questions need to be asked.

Regards

Comment

• Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
      Because homosexual's are always committing murders against women that have a sexual element to them.
      But not one piece of evidence to say he was homosexual.

But of course we don't worry about evidence around here I forgot.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
        But not one piece of evidence to say he was homosexual.

But of course we don't worry about evidence around here I forgot.
        Hi Gut

Some evidence points to Druitt being a homosexual. Besides there are more problems with Druitt being Jack than just him possibly being a homosexual. You're not telling me you believe Druitt was Jack are you?

Cheers John

Comment

Hi Gut

Some evidence points to Druitt being a homosexual. Besides there are more problems with Druitt being Jack than just him possibly being a homosexual. You're not telling me you believe Druitt was Jack are you?

Cheers John
          More likely than some, less so than others.

Might be evidence some think points towards him being a homosexual, but nothing to "say" he WAS.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• But then I'm one of those idiots that think the police if the time had a far better idea than we do, so the suspects that they named but never cleared are lengths ahead of modern inventions trying to turn witnesses and famous people into a ripper.
            G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
              But then I'm one of those idiots that think the police if the time had a far better idea than we do, so the suspects that they named but never cleared are lengths ahead of modern inventions trying to turn witnesses and famous people into a ripper.
              Hi Gut

I tend to take a balanced view of the police of the time. On the one hand they weren't complete buffoon's and they did a better job all things considered than for instance some more modern day Police forces have done during hunts for serial murderers e.g. the police force that hunted the Yorkshire Ripper. However it is worth noting that the police of the time never solved the case so they are hardly infallible. As for witnesses and famous people being turned into ripper suspects. I regard those that do as jokers.

Cheers John

Comment

Hi Gut

I tend to take a balanced view of the police of the time. On the one hand they weren't complete buffoon's and they did a better job all things considered than for instance some more modern day Police forces have done during hunts for serial murderers e.g. the police force that hunted the Yorkshire Ripper. However it is worth noting that the police of the time never solved the case so they are hardly infallible. As for witnesses and famous people being turned into ripper suspects. I regard those that do as jokers.

Cheers John
                I agree about the police, BUT they had ALL the information to work with, something we don't have in our arsenal
                G U T

Comment

• I am always amused (well sort of) when the police acting as complete buffoons is the sine qua non of the theory that is put forth. Seems to happen quite a bit.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                    I am always amused (well sort of) when the police acting as complete buffoons is the sine qua non of the theory that is put forth. Seems to happen quite a bit.

c.d.
                    It is isn't it. They couldn't find their backsides with a mirror on a stick, if you believe some theorists.

Were they perfect?? No

Did they apply today's techniques?? No

Were they total idiots?? No
                    G U T

Comment

• Case Solved, 1891?

I have been asked to offer a rebuttal, so I will.

Montague Druitt was "in all probability" (there was never going to be a trial) "Jack the Ripper" and this solution was broadly shared with the public between 1898 and 1917 (albeit Druitt was un-named and partially disguised)

Much of today's books and articles arguing for alternate suspects, theories, or no "Jack" at all, hinge on Sir Melville Macnaghten being either incompetent or ill-informed, or both. A range of primary sources by that police chief, or about him, or on his behalf prove that the foundation stone of so-called "Ripperology" was always made of sand.

Sidebar: subsequent primary findings since the early 2000's have totally undercut the theory that Sir Robert Anderson and Donald Swanson were better informed about this case than Macnaghten -- essentially proving secondary sources Stewart Evans, Don Rumbelow and Phillip Sudgen as prescient and justified about this contentious aspect.

Montie Druitt was not gay but erotically turned on by ultra-violence against poor female prostitutes in the East End. In a tormented state, he killed himself before he could be sectioned by his family.

Here is a reviewer outside RipperLand who gets how strong this argument really is; agreeing it was case solved in 1891:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan H View Post
                        I have been asked to offer a rebuttal, so I will.

Montague Druitt was "in all probability" (there was never going to be a trial) "Jack the Ripper" and this solution was broadly shared with the public between 1898 and 1917 (albeit Druitt was un-named and partially disguised)

Much of today's books and articles arguing for alternate suspects, theories, or no "Jack" at all, hinge on Sir Melville Macnaghten being either incompetent or ill-informed, or both. A range of primary sources by that police chief, or about him, or on his behalf prove that the foundation stone of so-called "Ripperology" was always made of sand.

Sidebar: subsequent primary findings since the early 2000's have totally undercut the theory that Sir Robert Anderson and Donald Swanson were better informed about this case than Macnaghten -- essentially proving secondary sources Stewart Evans, Don Rumbelow and Phillip Sudgen as prescient and justified about this contentious aspect.

Montie Druitt was not gay but erotically turned on by ultra-violence against poor female prostitutes in the East End. In a tormented state, he killed himself before he could be sectioned by his family.

Here is a reviewer outside RipperLand who gets how strong this argument really is; agreeing it was case solved in 1891:

http://www.mysteryscenemag.com/41-re...JyaXBwZXIncyJd
                        What a load of bullshit.

Comment

What a load of bullshit.
                          Sounds like rhetoric from a politician; baseless in facts and emotionally loaded.
                          The Ripper's Haunts/JtR Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety (Sunbury Press)
                          http://www.michaelLhawley.com

Comment

Working...
                          X