What does this picture remind you of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MsWeatherwax View Post
    Finally, a legitimate contender! All the pieces fall so neatly into place...his murderous rampage was clearly sparked by jealousy of Brian May's magnificent man perm and widdly guitaring.

Pack up lads, lets go home...last one out turn the lights off.
    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

Forgot about that, yes tis rather Freddie...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
            Why do people keep playing Pierre's tedious games?
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Games_People_Play_(book)

Actually fortunate to work with Jim Drysdale and Arch Crowe.
            Charles Slack was a friend.

That's two Professors of Psychology (Jim was also a Criminologist who worked for Scotland Yard,at their request) and the Chaplain of one of Australia's top schools (Arch studied at Berne's academy in California).

50% of the population are below average intelligence.

Honestly,it took me 6 to 8 weeks to work out who Jack the Ripper was.
            Almost 9 years on.......

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
              I must act with responsibility as an historian.
              Pierre, please supply us with links to some of your published books or research as a historian. That should really shut me up, no?

Or perhaps you "make the wrong definition", and you are not, by any sensible definition of the word, a historian.

I know which my money is on.

Regards,

Henri.

Comment

Pierre, please supply us with links to some of your published books or research as a historian. That should really shut me up, no?

Or perhaps you "make the wrong definition", and you are not, by any sensible definition of the word, a historian.

I know which my money is on.

Regards,

Henri.
                and considering how many of his posts are simply wrong, including tht he wouldnt know a primary source if it bit him, I'm sure not taking that bet.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi Karl,

thanks for the links.

But in the late 19th century, there was a discussion going on in England about Queen Mary. The roman catholic church wanted to make a saint of her. And this painting was hanging in London. So people knew a little about this queen and some had seen this painting.

The killer had no interest in this queen whatsoever. But he used what people generally knew of her to leave a message to the police and the message was: "I told you I would do this and as you can see, I did it".
                  Why would he invoke the image of Queen Mary in so doing? That makes no sense to me. And I think the similarities between MJK's pose and that of the portrait are greatly exaggerated. I find the reclining nude I posted to have much more in common, pose-wise.

Comment

Note to self: remove name 'Pierre' from the Source Data Analysis list and add his name to the Political Point-Making subgroup of the Clues Hidden In Paintings genre.

Bravo Pierre!

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Why would he invoke the image of Queen Mary in so doing? That makes no sense to me. And I think the similarities between MJK's pose and that of the portrait are greatly exaggerated. I find the reclining nude I posted to have much more in common, pose-wise.
                      I agree Karl, and of course Pierre's question is leading, and dishonest. If the murder scene, not the portrait, was sending a message, then the more honest thing would have been to do things the right way round, ie to post the image of MJK dead on her bed and ask us "Which royal portrait does this remind you of?" - the answer would of course have been a resounding "er... NONE AT ALL" from 9.6 out of 10 of us.

Pierre: sources please (you're always demanding them from others, after all) showing that anyone saw the carnage in Millers Court and said "Oh my gosh, that's a clear reference to the Hilliard portrait of Mary Queen of Scots! The killer must have been Pierre's suspect!"

Sources please, sources, Pierre. We demand them from you, just as you demand them from others. Quid pro quo, Clarice!

Comment

I do not agree with this.

Pierre

Comment

I agree with this.

Comment

I do not agree with this.

Pierre
                            I'm aggrieved by this.

Comment

I'm confused by this.

Comment

A serial killer who visits the National Portrait Gallery and is inspired to kill by one of the art works exhibited - because the subject has her left hand close to her abdomen. Such an obvious connection - why oh why did nobody spot this before?
                                Last edited by Bridewell; 09-25-2017, 01:55 PM.
                                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X