Trial of Vincent Tabak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial of Vincent Tabak

Earlier in the year, I made the following observation with regard to Vincent Tabak, who is currently on trial for the murder of Joanna Yates:

"Huntley took a pro-active approach to the prevention of what he regarded as inevitable police suspicion, which was entirely his choice. He could easily have done a Vincent Tabak and simply awaited a knock on the door from the police."

However, according to the prosecution (as reported in yesterday's edition of the Times), Tabak did so much thing. Instead, it appears he voluntarily contacted the police with bogus information designed to implicate his innocent landlord:

"Mr. Lickley (for the prosecution) said that after the arrest of (landlord) Mr. Jeffries, Tabak called the police and said that he had some information that related to his landlord's movements on the night of her murder. He said that he had seen his car facing in one direction in the evening and the other the following morning. He offered to make a statement when he returned on January 4 but instead two detectives flew to Schipol to interview him at an airport hotel on New Year's Eve."

Very interesting, Ben !

I have to say that the Jo Yeates murder trial is one that I'm particularly interested in.

It was incredible how the ctt cameras and witness statements could pinpoint
    Jo's journey home and the brief instant in which she seemingly 'disappeared' (only to turn up dead a week later)...and with every indication that she had gotten home safely, and had left again with no sign of a struggle.

I remember all the incredibly convoluted and far fetched theories everyone
    seemed to have about the murder, until Tabrak was arrested.

Certainly The Press and my parents (! coincidence ? ) seemed convinced that the Landlord was the culprit -Why ? "because he's an 'oddball' !

There was indisputably a 'lynching by words' by the Papers when it came to
    Chris Jefferies ...and I can see a parallel with Leather Apron/Piser/ A Jew
    (A Foreigner = Different= Odd) in the Ripper Case.

It was almost disappointingly banal when Tabrak was finally arrested for Jo's murder -the 'mysteriousness' just evaporated...Tabrak lived nearby, was
    not a close friend but an acquaintance whom she trusted not to kill her, and he was someone respectable whose bona fides 'checked out' and was the 'right' age group...

And Tabrak even tried to 'fit up' the public's favourite fall guy, once he had taken on board who it was...and he contacted the Police himself, with false information...
    http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Originally posted by Rubyretro View Post

There was indisputably a 'lynching by words' by the Papers when it came to
      Chris Jefferies ...and I can see a parallel with Leather Apron/Piser/ A Jew
      (A Foreigner = Different= Odd) in the Ripper Case.
      At times, the British tabloids are an absolute disgrace.

Seems the fella in question will be suing them. I hope he takes 'em to the cleaners.

And, he ain't an oddball at all.

He's just a fella who holds tastes beyond buying and selling shite products with absolutely no meaning or use beyond instant gratification. The fella is actually pretty sane in an insane world.

Or, probably more appropriate: he has a mind of his own.

Comment

Sorry to interrupt, folks, but if this trial is still in progress then it shouldn't be discussed on these boards. The matter is sub judice.

Comment

so much thing
          No such thing, I meant, of course.

Lesley - suffice it to say, I agree with you entirely.

I had always assumed that it was the police who took the initiative in contacting the suspect in this case, but it appears the reverse was true. Moreover, it appears that Tabak himself was responsible, at least in part, for a lot of the suspicion that was leveled at the innocent Mr. Jeffries.

Comment

this is in direct reference to Hutchinson accusing LA DE DA of being JTR

this is a good example BEN, but back then this type of trick went unnoticed.

he's already admitted to manslaughter, so he's screwed already, this is probably because his DNA however small, is on his victim.

Comment

I am refraining from adding comments to this thread for the moment, but I am glued to Twitter and 'SWNS' live from the trial....(you will never get more than a synopsis from the papers and the blow by blow trial account is much more illuminating).
              http://youtu.be/GcBr3rosvNQ

Comment

Working...
              X