Lechmere was Jack the Ripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    And all of that always seemed totally uncontroversial to me - but that was before "The Manual of Unnatural Door Opening Techniques" by Dr H Sholmes from Angle-sey was brought on stage. Once it surfaced, it all got VERY complicated.
    What is unnatural and complicated is the "Creeping Jesus" method of door-opening that you've proposed.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I will skip over the "insult" stuff, since it does not belong to the discussion. Have a good cry and return when you´ve stopped sobbing.

You twist absolutely every statement to try and make yourself appear in a better light.

Claiming that he shut the door only to then deny having shut the door will not work in a milllion years. Sorry.

Didn’t say that as you well know but hey, why should I expect more from you?

Why is it important that he was adamant that he did not close the door? Because it is something you do not likely misremember.

Like you would not likely misremember the fact that you saw a corpse in situ and would therefore be fully aware if you could have missed seeing it earlier or not

Why is it irrelevant that he said he couldn´t have missed the corpse? Well, to begin with it is your invention - again - that I would have said it was. It is of course another misleading on your behalf.

Can anyone understand the above post?

It is not irrelevant. But it is not as definitive a thing as the shutting of the door matter. We can easily see how he could have been mistaken, whereas we can´t see that on the door shutting business.

No we cannot see how he could have been mistaken! You’re implying that he was too monumentally stupid to realise that a door might have blocked his view of a horrifically mutilated corpse!!

Anything more you need explained?

Yes......do you intend visiting the Planet Earth in the near future?
      More hypocrisy

You bleat ‘insults’ yet it’s you who first resorts to them. I then mention it and it’s ‘have a good cry.’ Look up the word integrity sometime Fish. First insults in this debate by you in post 248 purely because I politely disagreed with you.

It remains overwhelmingly likely that Richardson would have seen Annie’s corpse had it been there. After all, John Davis had no problem doing so and he never left the top step.

Make as much noise as you like. Stamp your feet and throw your toys out of the pram. It will not stop most people believing you to be wrong.

And let’s not forget what we are all aware of........that you need to be correct
      Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 09-02-2018, 11:19 AM.
      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
        What is unnatural and complicated is the "Creeping Jesus" method of door-opening that you've proposed.
        I think he’s been watching too many old horror movies where the creaking door only opens a touch then the bony hand appears....
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          Nope - but I can see why you employ these hypocritical exagerrations, Gareth. In fact, it is not hard at all.

Creeping Jesus, my behind. Dumbest post so far.

All you have contributed out here is a catalogue of how to avoid answering vital questions asked of you. "Oooh, the door must have interfered with his elbow, don´t ya know..."

Enjoy Herlocks company. Bye.

Comment

• Oh, and as a send-off to you, Gareth and Herlock: measuring the opening offered in my sketch, I find it is around five (5) per cent smaller than it would have been with the door 90 degrees open.

Creeping Jesus?

No, dear, sweet Jesus, how shrunken can peoples judgment become?

Comment

• I can’t speak for Gareth but I couldn’t care less about your drawing (the one that began life as a drawing of a mummified Frodo Baggins, conveniently 18 inches closer to the house than it should have been and with its legs tight together.)

If 100 people entered the yard under those circumstances 99 of them would have seen the corpse.

Only a manipulated set of circumstances where a man only looks to the right, faces to the right, sits angled to the right with the door bumping against his left arm as he tries to mend his shoe could mean that he might not have seen the corpse.

Only a set of circumstances where a door, which would very probably have swung over his knees due to the gap beneath it, is not pushed back to allow him to stand up and exit.

Only a set of circumstances where a door is only opened at 65 degrees to allow a man to enter and go down two steps.

Only a set of circumstances where, despite knowing exactly where the corpse was situated and how much floor space that it took up, a man still wasn’t aware of the possibility of it being out of view behind a door.

Our position is by a country mile the most likely and the most reasonable.

Yours requires a very specific, limiting and frankly rather unlikely set of circumstances. Which smacks of a certain desperation by someone who really needs Richardson to have been wrong.

I’m happy with my position on this one. I’m also happy that any unpleasantness which has occurred has come first and foremost from Fish. As usual.

Last edited by Herlock Sholmes; 09-02-2018, 01:33 PM.
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

No, dear, sweet Jesus, how shrunken can peoples judgment become?
                You tell us.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                  More hypocrisy

You bleat ‘insults’ yet it’s you who first resorts to them. I then mention it and it’s ‘have a good cry.’ Look up the word integrity sometime Fish. First insults in this debate by you in post 248 purely because I politely disagreed with you.

It remains overwhelmingly likely that Richardson would have seen Annie’s corpse had it been there. After all, John Davis had no problem doing so and he never left the top step.

Make as much noise as you like. Stamp your feet and throw your toys out of the pram. It will not stop most people believing you to be wrong.

And let’s not forget what we are all aware of........that you need to be correct
                  And to me therein lies the answer. Davis sees it off the top step, Richardson doesn’t, most logical reason being ???
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    And to me therein lies the answer. Davis sees it off the top step, Richardson doesn’t, most logical reason being ???
                    ... the body wasn't there when Richardson sat - for some time - on the step.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Fisherman,
                      In reply to your post 405.
                      No you do not have as much going for you as I have.Richardson gave evidence under oath that the body of Chapman was not in the yard when he visited that morning.It was not disputed at the time.No one called or proved him a liar then.
                      You have not proved he lied now.
                      How far he needed to open the door to enter is argueable,but as has been stated,a door is normally opened wider than is necccessary,so he(Richardson) being a rather large person would give it more than a gentle push,especiallly knowing it was liable to spring back.
                      Sure mine is a belief,but untill Richardson has been proven a liar,his sworn evidence is far and away better to accept than your strange and rambling discourses.

Comment

• Not sure if this is the work of Richard or not but it helped me get a little better perspective. Also, Dr Phillips said the head was 6 inches in front of the level of the bottom step. That means the majority of Annies body extended well beyond the last step. The door would only have extended toward the yard as far as it was wide. My front door is exactly 3 feet wide. Insp. Chandler stated her head was just shy of 2 feet from the wall. My opinion is she would have been visible just about any angle the door was ajar, except shut. Especially with the gap below the door and steps when opened. Every single picture of that very door taken over the years show it staying open on it’s own.

Comment

• Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the link. What a wonderful computer realisation of 29 Hanbury Street. God, what a dump.

Whilst watching it, one thing struck me.

According to this video and other photographs, the door to the cellar was recessed, so in effect it was below and behind Richardson while he was sitting on the step.

"When I was on the doorstep I saw that the padlock on the cellar door was in its proper place."

Richardson couldn't have seen the lock from where he was sitting.

[Coroner] Did you go into the yard? - No.

How could Richardson have seen the lock without first entering the yard?

Regards,

Simon
                          Last edited by Simon Wood; 09-02-2018, 10:21 PM.
                          Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by harry View Post
                            Fisherman,
                            No you do not have as much going for you as I have.
                            Maybe - generally speaking - you are not the best judge of that. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                              Hi Jerry,

Thanks for the link. What a wonderful computer realisation of 29 Hanbury Street. God, what a dump.

Whilst watching it, one thing struck me.

According to this video and other photographs, the door to the cellar was recessed, so in effect it was below and behind Richardson while he was sitting on the step.

"When I was on the doorstep I saw that the padlock on the cellar door was in its proper place."

Richardson couldn't have seen the lock from where he was sitting.

[Coroner] Did you go into the yard? - No.

How could Richardson have seen the lock without first entering the yard?

Regards,

Simon
                              His mother verified that Richardson could see the lock from the top of the stairs, Simon. And just like you point out, Richardson said so himself too.

Comment

• Fascinating, Fishy,

Would you care to enlighten us on how he achieved this from the top of the stairs?

Regards,

Simon
                                Last edited by Simon Wood; 09-02-2018, 11:09 PM.
                                Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Working...
                                X