No announcement yet.

Jack the Ripper artefacts to go on display in London Crime Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here they are, I've posted links instead of pics because they came out too large for the forum.

Dear Boss letter

Krays criminal records and Reg's Jack the Hat pistol which jammed

Kray's crossbow intended for an attack on an enemy but never used

Electric torture device used by The Richardsons

10 Rillington Place documents
    Last edited by Utahraptor; 10-11-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Utahraptor View Post
      The museum was interesting, taking photos is forbidden but I got a few of some artefacts from the Krays case and Rillington Place.

The only JTR items I could see was a facsimile of the Dear Boss letter and a note from police that was posted through doors asking for people to report anyone acting suspiciously.
      From the article: They include notes written by the detective leading the hunt for the 19th-century serial killer, in which he names Polish immigrant Aaron Kosminski as the main suspect.

Would that be Swanson notes on Anderson's memoirs? Because I want to see the badly written Kosminski.

Was it there?
      Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
      - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

Originally posted by SirJohnFalstaff View Post
        From the article: They include notes written by the detective leading the hunt for the 19th-century serial killer, in which he names Polish immigrant Aaron Kosminski as the main suspect.

Would that be Swanson notes on Anderson's memoirs? Because I want to see the badly written Kosminski.

Was it there?
        The Swanson marginalia is indeed on display, but the book is open at page 138 rather than the endpaper which bears the name 'Kosminski'.

Best wishes
        Adam

Comment

Originally posted by AdamNeilWood View Post
          The Swanson marginalia is indeed on display, but the book is open at page 138 rather than the endpaper which bears the name 'Kosminski'.

Best wishes
          Adam
          That's what we call "a tease".
          Is it progress when a cannibal uses a fork?
          - Stanislaw Jerzy Lee

Comment

On entering the exhibition you get this very useful 8 page guide.

One thing you shouldn't miss is the digitised visitors book. The Met, who exist to serve the people and are paid for with the peoples taxes, jealously guard these exhibits and more claiming they keep them for training and education of officers. If this is the case why did they let such notable law enforcement officers as Laurel and Hardy and the Australian cricket team visit the "Black Museum"?

In view of this, as a tax paying British citizen, I felt perfectly entitled to take photos and any exhibits were cases are 100 years or more old should be on display in a publicly accessible museum like the British museum.

The death mask of Frederick Deeming.
            Post Tenebras Lux

Comment

Working...
            X