Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripper Crimes "not sexual violence"?

Did everyone see this?

PR guy hired by the JTR Museum is tweeting all sorts of strange things today, including this, "Hi Tom - as an aside - the Jack the Ripper victims were never sexually abused. So the claim of sexual violence is wrong. J" (Joshua Parker PR)

Ripper Crimes "not sexual violence"?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...women-violence

Without knowing who JtR was, and being able to state definitely that he did not get off on murdering these women-- or do so repeatedly over some trophy taken from them that no one knows about, we can't know this. We don't know that he didn't jerk off over the bodies, or get a hard on feeling them die. We don't know that he didn't go back to the murder sites and jerk off.

But because there's pretty good evidence he was a man, and the focus of the attacks was on the women's sexual organs, there's a fairly good chance he got off some how in the process of killing or butchering them.

Comment

Interesting article, thank you for the link.

"Sexual abuse" (i.e, rape) is not separate from "sexual violence" (i.e, murder), so the P.R. person is missing the point, I think.

I made a similar mistake here on a different forum, when I said the crimes weren't sexually motivated because the doctors didn't find evidence of "connexion" between the man and woman, so there was no rape. After being corrected by others, and reading more here, I understand there was a strong compoment of sexual violence in the Ripper's murders.
      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
      ---------------
      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
      ---------------

Comment

He ripped out their uteri, how is that not sexual?

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
          Interesting article, thank you for the link.

"Sexual abuse" (i.e, rape) is not separate from "sexual violence" (i.e, murder), so the P.R. person is missing the point, I think.

I made a similar mistake here on a different forum, when I said the crimes weren't sexually motivated because the doctors didn't find evidence of "connexion" between the man and woman, so there was no rape. After being corrected by others, and reading more here, I understand there was a strong compoment of sexual violence in the Ripper's murders.
          Emma Smith was sexually assaulted with "a blunt instrument". Other victims were sexually assaulted with a knife. I think it's that simple. Lack of time (and also experience) in the case of Polly Nichols and Liz Stride, but the cuts to Polly's abdomen showed his intentions.

Best wishes
          C4

Writing posts like this really brings out the horror of these killings. Easy to forget the horrible things he did in academic arguments
          :-(.

Comment

Working...
          X