WS Magazine Dec 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WS Magazine Dec 2009

Congratulations again to Clacky on his award, though I was a bit puzzled by the mag's comment "This award couldn't have gone to a nice man."

I think there is an 'r' missing - unless they thought Rob couldn't be 'r'sed.

I think they were right first time Robert

Comment

LOL, I didn't see that!!
      I think that any man who will balance with a whole load of cameras to get shots of the inside of a derelict mortuary deserves to be called nice.
      In order to know virtue, we must first aquaint ourselves with vice!

Comment

I noticed that at the meeting, and the bemusement on Rob's face when I pointed it out to him had me screeching with laughter so much I think some people lost their hearing.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

This lack of proofreading couldn't have come at a funnier point.

Sorry, Rob, I couldn't resist.

But there's nothing wrong with a bit more publicity for a very nice man's well-deserved award.

Love,

Caz
          XX
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

That's alright Caz, I'm sure Jackie didn't mean it

Rob XX

Comment

I know she didn't, Rob. But it needn't have been down to Jackie. She only submitted the article. Mysterious things can happen to one's words after that - as we know only too well.

Love,

Caz
              X

Comment

We proof read as best we can. Any errors left in are an error and not deliberate despite some comments.

Any complains can be addressed to the editor, hopefully, in person!

Editor.
                Hello

Comment

Sometimes, when you're too close to a project, you can't see what, to others, are obvious errors. I don't have a lot of skills, but proof-reading is one of them. If the editors care to send a troublesome text along to me, I'd be glad to give it the benefit of my (limited) talents.

Comment

Hi GM,

I have offered my services in the past, but what can you do?

No complaints from me though. It's not my writing or my mag under the spotlight. I just enjoy reading it (though not always for the right reasons).

Love,

Caz
                    X

Comment

We don't have time to send articles to others to proof read and I don't think we would benefit from doing so.

We don't get any money out of this this, we work to tight deadlines and with - it seems obvious - little reward. Often criticism like the above is rather like "knowing the price of everything, and the value of nothing!"

If anyone can do better they might wish to apply for the job of editor at the WS1888 BGM in February....but then again, you won't!

And we do not change other people's articles as was intimated in some of the posts.

Editor.
                      Hello

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                        Hi GM,

I have offered my services in the past, but what can you do?

No complaints from me though. It's not my writing or my mag under the spotlight. I just enjoy reading it (though not always for the right reasons).

Love,

Caz
                        X
                        Caz,

You are of course right that it is not your writing or mag under the spotlight. Please understand those who do write for it have a right to be respected. At least they have the guts to get up and write something!

Many do enjoy reading the magazine, thankfully for the right reasons and not for a cheap laugh!

Editor.
                        Hello

Comment

On the proof reading issue, those who have offered their services above need not apply, we need professionals!

Although, we might make the spacing between lines bigger so you have somewhere to put your finger when you read!!!

Editor.
                          Hello

Comment

OK, I'll do it. But do I have to, 1) subscribe, 2) actually show up at the magazine's vast production facilities, and 3) have a perfect command of grammer, or would a slightly less than perfect grasp suffice??

Expecting your most exigent reply.

Comment

Isn't this getting a little out of hand - the letter 'r' was missed of a word -someone thought it funny - Philip Hutchinson, I think - who is not Rob Clack's arch enemy - just two people winding each other up.

Please give the guys at the WS a break.

Coral

Comment

Working...
                              X