Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi GUT,

They failed miserably on both counts.

It would have been easier to take a photograph.

Happy Anzac Day.

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
      Yep all primary sources.

The question is though we're they trying to lay it out as it had been on the wall?
      Hi Gut,

It seems to me like a case of "over egging the omlette "

Which seems to have backfired..... because x amount of variants don't make good produce to present to the general public.

Suddenly it becomes questionable. . When it simply shouldn't.

You see.. I cant get around the fact that x amount of policemen didn't have a blooming pow wow and present a consensus of definitive factual evidence.

The amount of problems with over egging gets worse when Chief Sitting Bull Swanson throws the blurred spanner into the works.

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
        Hi All,

Never mind the newspapers. When it comes to describing the GSG, we cannot even trust three eye-witness policemen.

Why is DC Halse's 11th October testimony as to the nature and style of the GSG ["The Juwes are not the men that will be blamed for nothing," written on three lines], at odds with PC Long's 11th October testimony ["The Jews are the men that will not be blamed for nothing] and his 6th November rendition ["The Jewes, are the men that will not be blamed for nothing," written on two lines], and Sir Charles Warren's 6th November rendition ["The Juwes are The men that Will not be Blamed for nothing," written on five lines]?

Their written descriptions of the GSG have survived, and each may be classified as an original/primary source.
        Like I said earlier this evening in #117, "official primary sources can contain inaccurate information".

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
          You see.. I cant get around the fact that x amount of policemen didn't have a blooming pow wow and present a consensus of definitive factual evidence.
          Constables didn't tend to have "pow wows" with Chief Commissioners and City Police detectives didn't tend to have "pow wows" with Metropolitan Police constables or Metropolitan Police Chief Commissioners.

Comment

Would any of the murders have been solved by knowing the exact spelling and order of the words?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
              Hi Gut,

It seems to me like a case of "over egging the omlette "

Which seems to have backfired..... because x amount of variants don't make good produce to present to the general public.

Suddenly it becomes questionable. . When it simply shouldn't.

The amount of problems with over egging gets worse when Chief Sitting Bull Swanson throws the blurred spanner into the works.

Phil
              Lot of over egging goes on around here. Seems we often see a good theory that the proponents over egg to the degree it turns people off, so why not in '88?
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi GUT,

Happy Anzac Day.

Regards,

Simon
                Thanks Simon.

Yep a photo.

For any who don't know ANZAC day is more or less what is called Veteran's Day in some parts. I'm not sure if we (AUS and NZ) are the only ones to commemorate such a thing on the day of a great military disaster or not.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                  Would any of the murders have been solved by knowing the exact spelling and order of the words?
                  Maybe, maybe not.

Matching the writing may have helped, but not sure if, even today they could match writing with chalk on a wall with pen and paper.
                  G U T

Comment

• Hi David,

Probably not.

Regards,

Simon
                    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Maybe, maybe not.

Matching the writing may have helped, but not sure if, even today they could match writing with chalk on a wall with pen and paper.
                      I don't think that would have been possible GUT (even if they managed to work out what the murderer's handwriting looked like) but Simon's point, as I understood him, was about the spelling and phrasing; and, while it would obviously be nice to know precisely what the writing said, I can't see how any of the possible variations being confirmed as correct would make the slightest difference to our understanding of who committed the murders or why.

Comment

Hi David,

Probably not.
                        Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                          I don't think that would have been possible GUT (even if they managed to work out what the murderer's handwriting looked like) but Simon's point, as I understood him, was about the spelling and phrasing; and, while it would obviously be nice to know precisely what the writing said, I can't see how any of the possible variations being confirmed as correct would make the slightest difference to our understanding of who committed the murders or why.
                          Sorry.

In that case probably not.
                          G U T

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                            Hi,

In a police report dated 6 November 1888, chief inspector Donald Swanson wrote about

"Facts known to Met:Police. respecting the Murder in Mitresquare & writing on wall." (Evans & Skinner, p. 207-208).

About the writing on the wall, he wrote:

"Upon the discovery of the blurred chalk writing on the wall,...".

What could Donald Swanson have known about this?

Regards, Pierre
                            Given that it had been a wet and therefore humid night,one would expect chalk writing on a stairwell's dado to be blurred.

Constable Long only saw it after finding the apron piece with blood on one corner and was seeking more evidence.

Common sense prevails.

Edit. Perhaps not. Crikey! 17 pages.
                            Last edited by DJA; 04-25-2016, 06:30 PM. Reason: Obvious.
                            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• The depositions were written out in longhand by the coroner or his deputy or clerk during the proceedings in real time.
                              Could they have used Pittman's and transcribed it later?
                              dustymiller
                              aka drstrange

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                                To attack me is not acceptable.
                                My dear Pierre

Do you not see the difference between attacks on each other, and attacking the family member of a fellow forum member.?

Worse is the attempt to justify those comments, rather than do the decent thing, and the transgression is compounded in post 128 with:

"since obviously, this person, who I do not know anything about, can not be a historian. "

Dr GUT (GUT's wife) is a published Academic Historian, her works are listed on the net.

If you ask GUT nicely he may tell you where to look, if not I fully understand his view, given your reluctance to do the same.

regards

Steve
                                Last edited by Elamarna; 04-26-2016, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X