Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Sam Flynn 3 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Sam Flynn 5 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 9 minutes ago.
Scene of the Crimes: The Bucks Row Project Summary Report. - by Fisherman 21 minutes ago.
Scene of the Crimes: The Bucks Row Project Summary Report. - by Fisherman 25 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Trevor Marriott 26 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Mary Ann Nichols: What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed? - (42 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: The Bucks Row Project Summary Report. - (31 posts)
Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman): Can George Chapmam reform himself to being a calculating poisoner seven years later?. - (7 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (5 posts)
Bury, W.H.: Bury's friend - (3 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Media > Audio -- Visual > Rippercast

Old 09-28-2018, 10:02 AM
Inspector

Hi Paul,

Gary suggested that I engaged in character assassination in my twitter reply to a post that, as it turns out, he had written calling the author a twat. I'm just putting that out there to give whomever might be reading this some additional context. You know first hand that I don't agree with everything Hallie has said publicly and privately, but I do find it a bit rich that 'character assassination' has been leveled at me by someone who was calling a woman such names on a public message board.

JM
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 11:46 PM
Chief Inspector

Hi Jonathan,
I appreciated that, which is why I added that little disclaimer at the end. It was very unfortunate that Hallie was taking offence at Gary's comment, and you assumed she was offended by someone else. You and Gary were both defending Ripperology, Gary saying the last things we needed was another book of empty promises and you were saying that the someone else wasn't representative of the Ripperology community. An unintentional and embarrassing mix up, hopefully now resolved. But just in case other people started to take sides, I thought it worthwhile to remind the good people of this parish that the fault lay - if it lay anywhere - with Hallie, whose remarks about Ripperologists prompted Gary's comment and whose apparent attempt to characterise Ripperology by that comment prompted yours.
Old 09-29-2018, 06:26 AM
Inspector

Thanks, Paul.
Yet another example of why we must be more careful about what we post on the internet and social media. Myself included, obviously.
The next time I will simply name the person I'm describing so there's no ambiguity.

JM
Old 10-01-2018, 07:01 PM
Chief Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmenges View Post
Hi Paul,

Gary suggested that I engaged in character assassination in my twitter reply to a post that, as it turns out, he had written calling the author a twat. I'm just putting that out there to give whomever might be reading this some additional context. You know first hand that I don't agree with everything Hallie has said publicly and privately, but I do find it a bit rich that 'character assassination' has been leveled at me by someone who was calling a woman such names on a public message board.

JM
JM,

Have you only just realised that the PT commentator is not the person you described as having been banned from here there and everywhere? Criticise his (my) vehement defence of Ripperology (we were attacked first if you remember) if you must, but once you learned that you were slagging off the wrong person, shouldn't you have informed HR's 10,000-odd Twitter mates that you'd got it wrong?

As it stands on Twitter I'm racist, sexist, homophobic etc and haven't read a single Ripper book. Not my 'suggestions', your words. Please put that right.

I'm hoping that when you interview HR you will grill her on why she felt it necessary to dismiss the decades of research that has been conducted into the victims (not just the 'marketable' C5 she is concentrating on) on here and JTR Forums.

Gary

Last edited by MrBarnett : 10-01-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Inspector

Here you are, Gary.

All fixed. If you would like to add anything then Twitter is free to join.

In regards to interview questions posed to Hallie, I will be more than happy to submit to her questions you, or anyone else may have. I'll be making an announcement once its confirmed that the one-on-one is taking place. Early next year.

JM