Did jack kill liz stride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I almost dropped my coffee mug when I read this Caz.... ;

"It does seem that you and Michael are the ones with prostitutes on the brain, while others only see the desperate poverty that caused these women to be out alone at all hours, with a nutter on the loose."

Youve discovered the polar opposite of the truth.....I have consistently argued against you and Good Michaels consistent usage of the word "prostitute" when referring to the Canonical Five, and have consistently reminded both you and others that there were only 2 women within that group that by the evidence available were soliciting when they died. I have also pointed out numerous times that "Unfortunate" is a term that could be applied to 4 of the Canonicals by accommodations alone, but it would seem Polly and Mary were soliciting, when they felt like it, and not doing much else.

I am amused by your glee at a poll swinging your way, like it somehow validates your beliefs and answers the question, but all it points out is that there are more "others" who believe like you do than the opposite. Is the premise that one side "wins" when that happens?

I have to say that the entertainment factor is what keeps me interested these days.

Regards
    Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
      I almost dropped my coffee mug when I read this Caz.... ;

"It does seem that you and Michael are the ones with prostitutes on the brain, while others only see the desperate poverty that caused these women to be out alone at all hours, with a nutter on the loose."

Youve discovered the polar opposite of the truth.....I have consistently argued against you and Good Michaels consistent usage of the word "prostitute" when referring to the Canonical Five, and have consistently reminded both you and others that there were only 2 women within that group that by the evidence available were soliciting when they died. I have also pointed out numerous times that "Unfortunate" is a term that could be applied to 4 of the Canonicals by accommodations alone, but it would seem Polly and Mary were soliciting, when they felt like it, and not doing much else.

I am amused by your glee at a poll swinging your way, like it somehow validates your beliefs and answers the question, but all it points out is that there are more "others" who believe like you do than the opposite. Is the premise that one side "wins" when that happens?

I have to say that the entertainment factor is what keeps me interested these days.
      What Caz is referring to (and she'll correct me if I'm wrong) is that it doesn't matter whether or not they were prostitutes or whether or not they were prostituting themselves. She believes that to you and Lynn, there is some importance for you in separating the women into different categories when they are all from the same class and have roughly similar desperate situations. As for me, I agree. I only point out that they were all prostitutes as a similarity when you and others speak of dissimilarities. I too don't believe it matters whether or not anyone was soliciting that night. Unless the killer knew them all personally, how would he even have known who was on the game and on what nights and what times?

Mike
      huh?

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
        Hello Velma. Thanks.

Hard to imagine the chaps on these boards holding ANYTHING back.

Aspects? Perhaps--they died the same night.

Cheers.
        LC

As a non-chap, I don't know how you chaps think, but I have been on the fence and just recently decided Stride belongs in the Ripper count for more reasons than the "they died the same night" aspect.

Best,

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
          As a non-chap, I don't know how you chaps think, but I have been on the fence and just recently decided Stride belongs in the Ripper count for more reasons than the "they died the same night" aspect.

Best,
          Bravo.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• reason

Hello Velma. Thanks.

What, then?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• "Unfortunate" or "prostitute" take your pick but you are still describing a woman who was willing to go off to a dark corner and engage in sexual relations with a man she just met for the price of a drink. That is the reality of the situation.

If a woman was known to have engaged in prostitution only from time to time it still means that she did what is described above. As the Good Michael pointed out, I don't see how her killer would have any way of knowing her present status short of speaking to her. And if she had already shown that she was willing to do the above on occasion, I have no problem believing that she would do the same for an inducement of a little more money added to the regular price even if she was not "officially" working that night.

c.d.

Comment

Hello Velma. Thanks.

What, then?

Cheers.
                LC
                Hello, Lynn,
                Thanks.
                An accumulation of a bunch of stuff.

How about you?

Best,
                Velma

Comment

• good reason

Hello Velma. Thanks.

Me? Almost anything is a pretext for further research, but for me to accept something, I need a good reason. So far, I've never seen a good reason to think Stride killed by Chapman's killer.

Of course, Stride, I think, is more likely than Kate.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

• Originally posted by curious View Post
                    If you don't mind sharing, I'd love to hear the strongest points that changed your mind.
                    Hi Curious

Simply due to a better understanding of the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                      Hi Curious

Simply due to a better understanding of the case.
                      Good Morning, Jon,
                      So an accumulation of many things over years of study?

It appears our minds work alike.

curious

Comment

Hello Velma. Thanks.

Me? Almost anything is a pretext for further research, but for me to accept something, I need a good reason. So far, I've never seen a good reason to think Stride killed by Chapman's killer.

Of course, Stride, I think, is more likely than Kate.

Cheers.
                        LC
                        Hi, Lynn,

Interesting, as always.

Thanks,

Velma

Comment

• Quick couple of questions i hope some of you can clarify.

The man Israel Schwartz saw attack Liz shouted out : "Lipski"
                          Did he shout it out in English or with a foreign accent?

If he was English then perhaps this was the reason why schwartz was not called to the inquest? If he was foreign could he have been inside the club and attacked Liz when he came out?

Comment

• Originally posted by ukranianphil View Post
                            Quick couple of questions i hope some of you can clarify.

The man Israel Schwartz saw attack Liz shouted out : "Lipski"
                            Did he shout it out in English or with a foreign accent?

If he was English then perhaps this was the reason why schwartz was not called to the inquest? If he was foreign could he have been inside the club and attacked Liz when he came out?
                            Ukranianphil,

Your questions may be answered by reading between post #1 and post #2111. Happy reading!

Cheers
                            DRoy

Comment

• many thanks Droy.
                              Been away from the forum for a bit. Trying to catch up.
                              cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ukranianphil View Post
                                many thanks Droy.
                                Been away from the forum for a bit. Trying to catch up.
                                cheers.
                                Ukranianphil,

I was just being a smartass! Depending on who responds to you, you could get different answers. I do recommend reading this thread though as there is lots of interesting stuff. Plus you should vote.

Cheers
                                DRoy

Comment

Working...
                                X