Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What 5 Questions Would You Like Answered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike, DVV,

Kelly is a mystery for me simply because we don't know much about her. I probably should have used a different word, 'mystery' sounds so... ...mysterious, and the last thing I want to insinuate is yet another conspiracy or Fenian connection.

Nice to hear that you guys have such a clear-cut view. Things aren't that easy for me I fear.

Best regards,

Boris
    ~ All perils, specially malignant, are recurrent - Thomas De Quincey ~

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello DLDW. Thanks.

Check out the brandy? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
      LC
      Hi LC,

Nothing surprises me about that - no doubt his brother William discovered the truth, and tried to convince him to commit suicide and he would say his overworked brother thought he was going to end like Milly Theale. I don't know if the coronor would have understood it - but if you read "The Wings of the Dove" that intense writing might drive even "the Master" mad!

Jeff

P.S. - maybe the key to H. J.'s involvement is to be found in "The Turn of the Screw"?

Comment

Hi All,

I'd like just one question answered.

Why do so many so-called Ripperologists keep flogging dead horses?

Regards,

Simon
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post

Just so they don't keep any horses in the race.
          Jack the Ripper Writers -- An online community of crime writers and historians.

http://ripperwriters.aforumfree.com

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...nd-black-magic

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed, second it is violently opposed, and third, it is accepted as self-evident." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Comment

The original question stipulated that we cannot ask the identity of Jack the Ripper. I'm wondering how many questions would be needed to be able to learn sufficient information to be able to make a very good guess at his identity. I suppose one strategy would be to start with:

1. Which of the Whitechapel murder victims were killed by the same individual?

2. Which of the contemporary and modern suspects were actually in Whitechapel on all of the dates relevant to the answer in #1?

I suppose that's a start. And if James Kelly turns out to have been in Whitechapel on said dates, I'd put my money on him as the culprit.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnaby View Post

I suppose that's a start. And if James Kelly turns out to have been in Whitechapel on said dates, I'd put my money on him as the culprit.
              I'm with you on this. Kelly is the best choice of bad choices if he stuck around London. I think he was there for some time else the police wouldn't have looked for him and asked questions. Dis James Kelly know the city well enough to be in and out so quickly? That's the hard part for me.

Mike
              huh?

Comment

not authorised

Hello Jeff. Thanks.

Actually, the "Henry James" to whom I refer was a wandering lunatic--not the author.

Cheers.
                LC

Comment

Hi Simon.

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                  Hi All,

I'd like just one question answered.

Regards,

Simon
                  You can beat a horse in water, but you can't make him think it.
                  Valour pleases Crom.

Comment

1) What brought Kosminski to the attention of the police?

2) The witness who identified Kosminski - what did he see?

3) Did anyone see the killer in Mitre Square?

4) Did Blotchy get into bed with Mary Kelly after finishing the beer?

5) Did Cutbush have drawings of women being 'laid out' and the genital region mutilated. In fact, anything on Cutbush's activities during the murderer's reign.

Comment

1. If Israel Schwarts did indeed see Liz stride being murdered. at 12:45 am, what did the ripper do in dutfields yard for 15 minutes before he was disturbed by Diemschutz?
                      2. who was the young man and his sweetheart Fanny mortimer saw before and after the
                      murder; they were standing 20 feet away from Dutfields yard, yet saw nothing, according
                      to mrs. mortimer.
                      3. why was Israel schwarts not invited to the inquest if the police believed his evidence?
                      4. who was the couple James Brown saw in Fairclough street at 12:45; the woman was to reply: "no, not tonight, some other time" to the man she was with.
                      5. was Liz stride strangled?

Comment

Originally posted by ukranianphil View Post
                        1. If Israel Schwarts did indeed see Liz stride being murdered. at 12:45 am, what did the ripper do in dutfields yard for 15 minutes before he was disturbed by Diemschutz?
                        The Ripper was already gone when Diemshutz got there. He was never disturbed by Diemshutz.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
                          The Ripper was already gone when Diemshutz got there. He was never disturbed by Diemshutz.

Cheers
                          Then another couple of question comes to mind.
                          If Liz stride was murdered at 12:45am, or later why did mrs. Mortimer see no one leave the yard from the gates in Berner st, when she was standing at her door ?. And why did Leon Goldstein [the man mortimer seen with the black walking very fast up Berner st] not see anybody leave the club , or Joseph Lave who was in the yard at 12:40 getting a breath of fresh air?

Comment

Sometime between Lave and Goldstein....at about 12:45...which is in accordance with both Schwartz and Doctor Blackwell...and Abraham Hoshberg and perhaps Spooner for that matter - and no I don't know why the nosy lady two doors down saw nothing...perhaps she only looked out enough to see Goldstein...and only listened enough to hear the coconut shells...in that respect she's pretty much a dead loss for either 12.45 or 1.00...

All the best

Dave

Comment

Lave

Hello Phil.

If Liz were killed at 12.45, Lave would not have seen it, having gone back in at 12.40.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

so that means she was killed between 12:45 am and 1:00am.
                                If Diemschutz turnd into his yard at 1:00am and no one else was in the yard,
                                another question arises.

The ripper would have had 15 minutes to mutilate the body, so why did he run if he was NOT disturbed by Diemschutz?
                                Also charles Letchfords sister was standing outside her door at number 39 Berner st and saw or heard nothing unusual.
                                I Ask again: "if the ripper killed Liz stride between 12:45 and 1am with no one about, why did he not mutilate her"?

Comment

Working...
                                X