Oh, Dear Boss: The Ripper Had All The Luck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, Dear Boss: The Ripper Had All The Luck

This episode of 'Oh, Dear Boss' is a wide-ranging conversation that includes topics such as the Double Event, Goulston Street Graffito, the Seaside Home identification, Robert Anderson, Henry Smith, and the pluses and minuses in the suspect candidacy of Charles Le Grand.

With Tom Wescott, John Malcolm, Robert McLaughlin, Jon Rees, Ally Ryder and Jonathan Menges

Available to stream or download now at the following link:

Also in iTunes, Podbean, Podcast Addict, MixCloud, TuneIn Radio and wherever 2 hour long gabfests about Jack the Ripper can be found.

Thank you for listening!

JM
    Last edited by jmenges; 06-24-2018, 05:13 PM.

I love the open mic jam sessions, many thanks to everyone involved.
    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Thanks
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
        I love the open mic jam sessions, many thanks to everyone involved.
        You're welcome. They're my favorites, too.

JM

Comment

Hi JM,

Another truly great podcast, lots of interesting ideas.
          Maybe the most telling is Tom's very last comment, re Once you have convinced yourself.

Steve

Comment

My favourite bit was when after the lads having a lengthy chat Ally pouncing out like a lioness from the long grass.
            My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectorDave View Post
              My favourite bit was when after the lads having a lengthy chat Ally pouncing out like a lioness from the long grass.
              I’d say Ally’s more of a cougar than a lioness.

Comment

Ally Cat?
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Excellent podcast, and it certainly makes me want to look closer into Le Grand.

Earlier in the podcast the issue of spelling mistakes and the "Ripper writings" (here the "Juwes"/"Jews" controversy in Goulston Street) caught my attention.
                  At the approximate same time as the Whitechapel Murders, the Parnell Commission is looking into the so-called Parnell letters that advocated (it seemed) use of violence in the wake of the 1882 Phoenix Park Assassinations.
                  If you recall a seemingly well educated Richard Pigott was shown to be the actual author of those letters, and part of the proof was Piggott's misspelling of the word "hesitancy" as "hesitency". And Pigott was a professional journalist.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X