No announcement yet.

UK To Build Wall With A Million Bricks Representing Answered Prayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, Herlock. Do people eat them because they taste good or for their digestive benefits or both?

c.d.

Comment

Superstition is a funny thing. My brother is not a religious man, but he is very superstitious when it comes to football. He has all these little rituals he needs to perform in order for his team to do well. As if the fortunes of Liverpool FC stood or fell on what one Norwegian guy did in front of the telly.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
        Thank you, Herlock. Do people eat them because they taste good or for their digestive benefits or both?
        They taste good, especially if, like me, you haven't got a sweet tooth; they're not savoury, but they aren't particularly sweet either. This, coupled with the fact that they have a firm texture, makes them ideal for dipping in your tea or as topped with cheese. A very versatile biscuit.

I think the "digestive" bit was a bit of a marketing gimmick, to be honest. Wikipedia says that it was once believed that the sodium bicarbonate in the biscuits acted as an antacid, but I'm inclined to take that with a pinch of salt... so to speak
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

I find the biscuits remarkably fluffy.

Our boys love cats. Whomrembers the McVitie's chocolate digestive advert featuring some very cute cats?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
            I find the biscuits remarkably fluffy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxXZ_uEVr9c
            So many kids are going to be disappointed the first (and only) time they get their mum to buy a packet of those biscuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              They taste good, especially if, like me, you haven't got a sweet tooth; they're not savoury, but they aren't particularly sweet either. This, coupled with the fact that they have a firm texture, makes them ideal for dipping in your tea or as topped with cheese. A very versatile biscuit.

I think the "digestive" bit was a bit of a marketing gimmick, to be honest. Wikipedia says that it was once believed that the sodium bicarbonate in the biscuits acted as an antacid, but I'm inclined to take that with a pinch of salt... so to speak
              Hi Gareth,

As kids, my brothers and I used to be given plain digestives with cheddar cheese, and Ovaltine to drink, shortly before bedtime. Mum and Dad had the same - and my Dad always suffered from indigestion, so I don't think the digestives could have helped him much! Pass me that pinch of salt.

Love,

Caz
              X
              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Cheese can be a bit dodgy before turning in.

Comment

Makes good ear plugs though, Robert.
                  "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post

c.d.
                    Purely for taste c.d.

Many prefer the chocolate variety. Until I checked Wiki I didn’t know of the original claim of aiding digestion.
                    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

If I pray the wall doesn't get built, and it doesn't, do I get a brick?

And if it does, can I take a brick from it?
                      “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Working...
                      X