No announcement yet.

Bank Holiday murders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the guy chasing the wrong Barnett. And the guy chasing the wrong Hyam Hyams.
    Last edited by Scott Nelson; 05-31-2016, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
      And the guy chasing the wrong Barnett. And the guy chasing the wrong Hyam Hyams.
      And who knows who else is the wrong one.

Kosminski, Cross, Druitt??
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

No-one's ever chased the wrong Monty Druitt, have they, genealogically speaking, I mean? I quite miss the old arguments about Monty!

Comment

Originally posted by Rosella View Post
          No-one's ever chased the wrong Monty Druitt, have they, genealogically speaking, I mean? I quite miss the old arguments about Monty!
          Not that I know of, but it took so long to find him who knows? So I tossed him into the mix.

Agreed there isn't much talk about him lately, which I've never understood, would love to know what Mac's Private Information was though.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Lord knows no one has every chased the wrong Mary Kelly. At least we can feel good about that.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
              Lord knows no one has every chased the wrong Mary Kelly. At least we can feel good about that.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
              Or the right one even
              G U T

Comment

If you can't trust a book titled 'Jack the Ripper: A Love Story', then what can you trust?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

I've just finished reading Tom's book "The Bank Holiday Murders".

An excellent book. Strong, research-based, introduced a number of new ideas.

It brings a fresh perspective. Some of the other Ripper books start to merge into one as they discuss the same evidence and issues. This one introduces some new ideas which I found interesting.

A real insight for me was the new evidence on Tabard's murder that showed it had more similarities to other Ripper murders. Also interesting to read that Pearl Poll's statements about seeing Tabram with soldiers may have been a lie. I had previously dismissed Tabram as a victim but this brings new thinking.

Also interesting to read how the bayonet wounds could have been from a stick knife, as used by a gentleman.

Would be good to discuss these new insights on the Tabram thread

All the best

Craig

Comment

Hi Craig, thank you for the kind words. For the record, not only gentlemen carried sword sticks at the time. They were rather common. I was surprised by that too but researched newspapers and other sources at the time. We can't be certain by any means, but I think a sword stick is the most likely explanation for the heart wound to Tabram and also the blood between the legs. If her killer was the Ripper, the pen knife and swordstick were afterwards abandoned for better weaponry.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Definitely not just "gentlemen". Since Tom mentioned it in his book I've came across a few sword stick incidents with native East Enders. This one happened at a familiar place.
                      Attached Files
                      dustymiller
                      aka drstrange

Comment

Nope, by no means just for tiffs.
                        G U T

Comment

Tiffs are better quality than jpegs!
                          dustymiller
                          aka drstrange

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
                            Stupid auto correct.
                            G U T

Comment

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post

Surely you gif!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Wish me luck as you Wav me goodbye.
                                dustymiller
                                aka drstrange

Comment

Working...