Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Witnesses: Kennedy and Lewis - by Wickerman 5 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Mary Kelly meet the Bethnal Green Botherer? - by Wickerman 5 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Did Mary Kelly meet the Bethnal Green Botherer? - by Wickerman 5 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson? - by DJA 6 hours ago.
Hutchinson, George: Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson? - by packers stem 7 hours ago.
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - by c.d. 7 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (70 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: distances between kills.odd - (15 posts)
Hutchinson, George: Why Didn't the Police Have Schwartz and/or Lawende Take a Look at Hutchinson? - (9 posts)
Mary Jane Kelly: Was Mary Kelly a Ripper victim? - (7 posts)
Torso Killings: JtR failed amputation. Torso killer was successful. - (5 posts)
Levy, Jacob: Jacob the Ripper - (5 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Motive, Method and Madness

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #121  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:32 AM
DJA DJA is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Some Australian Mountain Range.
Posts: 1,720
Default

"Unknown subject of an investigation," typically used in American TV crime shows, especially Criminal Minds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta-analysis

Dr Phillips seemed more interested in getting a pardon for Hutchinson so that Jack the Ripper could be brought to trial,
__________________
My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Last edited by DJA : 12-06-2018 at 12:37 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:44 AM
Batman Batman is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,916
Default

Another thing is that we don't know what state Nichols internal organs were in.

The abdominal injuries could have extended to slashed intestines. The wounds were described as being deep.

One could say after the ripper tried several test cuts experimenting on the right side, he then did the 'jagged' larger cut.

If he had burst her intestines, then he would know about it. End of mutilation attempt down there and possibly the end to the whole lot with those stinky hands.

For Chapman he has been more careful and has removed flaps of skin. If Chapman was killed during morning light and exsanguinated beforehand (as appears to be the case) then not only will the intestines be visible, but quite a few internal organs are going to look different by their colour, almost like they do in autopsies and not so much like they do in surgery where the patient is not exsanguinated.

That's my take on it.
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:46 AM
Batman Batman is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJA View Post
"Unknown subject of an investigation," typically used in American TV crime shows, especially Criminal Minds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meta-analysis

Dr Phillips seemed more interested in getting a pardon for Hutchinson so that Jack the Ripper could be brought to trial,
unsub is the technical term for a serial killer offender who has not been identified.

I don't understand your statement about Dr. Philips. Care to elaborate on it a bit especially how that explains his lack of comments about medical/anatomical knowledge with Kelly?
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:19 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 11,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
unsub is the technical term for a serial killer offender who has not been identified.
Any unidentified subject of any criminal investigation, actually, not just serial murder.

I wouldn't describe a shorthand expression as a "technical term", either, anymore than "meds" is a technical term for medication, even though it's often used by medical personnel. Like "meds", "unsub" is more like professional jargon or even slang.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:25 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 11,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
For Chapman he has been more careful and has removed flaps of skin. If Chapman was killed during morning light and exsanguinated beforehand (as appears to be the case) then not only will the intestines be visible, but quite a few internal organs are going to look different by their colour, almost like they do in autopsies and not so much like they do in surgery where the patient is not exsanguinated.
Although she'd lost a fair amount of blood, Chapman had not been completely exsanguinated - none of the victims had - and there'd have been plenty of residual blood left in the internal organs at the time the eviscerations were carried out.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:41 AM
DJA DJA is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Some Australian Mountain Range.
Posts: 1,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman View Post
unsub is the technical term for a serial killer offender who has not been identified.

I don't understand your statement about Dr. Philips. Care to elaborate on it a bit especially how that explains his lack of comments about medical/anatomical knowledge with Kelly?
I can assure you that unsub is not a technical term.

Assume when you refer to Dr Philips,you mean George Bagster Phillips.

Unfortunately you did not reply to my request for your local knowledge on Finsbury Square,Hanbury St and London Hospital.
It was pertinent.

Bond,Phillips and Sutton shared two very similar qualifications.
MB and FRCP is close enough.
They were peers.
Sutton passed by Phillips' house to and from work quite often.
Phillips all but named Sutton during Chapman's inquest.
Seriously doubt Jack the Ripper's identity was a big secret in certain circles.
Mary Ann Kelly was the last of the blackmailers. Game over.
None the less Phillips had one last closing "gambit" ..... gain Hutchinson a pardon so the he might identify Henry the Ripper
__________________
My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:44 AM
Batman Batman is offline
Superintendent
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJA View Post
I can assure you that unsub is not a technical term.

Assume when you refer to Dr Philips,you mean George Bagster Phillips.

Unfortunately you did not reply to my request for your local knowledge on Finsbury Square,Hanbury St and London Hospital.
It was pertinent.

Bond,Phillips and Sutton shared two very similar qualifications.
MB and FRCP is close enough.
They were peers.
Sutton passed by Phillips' house to and from work quite often.
Phillips all but named Sutton during Chapman's inquest.
Seriously doubt Jack the Ripper's identity was a big secret in certain circles.
Mary Ann Kelly was the last of the blackmailers. Game over.
None the less Phillips had one last closing "gambit" ..... gain Hutchinson a pardon so the he might identify Henry the Ripper
So Stephen Knight The Final Solution Ver 2.1?
__________________
Bona fide canonical and then some.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:48 AM
DJA DJA is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Some Australian Mountain Range.
Posts: 1,720
Default

No.

Original research.
__________________
My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 12-06-2018, 02:06 AM
Sam Flynn Sam Flynn is offline
Casebook Supporter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wales
Posts: 11,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJA View Post
No.

Original research.
Maybe, but any scenario that involves blackmail, conspiracy and medically-qualified suspects is bound to invite comparison with the theories of Stephen Knight and the like.
__________________
Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 12-06-2018, 02:11 AM
DJA DJA is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Some Australian Mountain Range.
Posts: 1,720
Default

Only by the arrogant.
__________________
My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.