Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victorian slums

Hullo all

My name is Carol and I'm brand new to casebook, the best site in the world for all things 'Jack'.
    I've been looking at the photo pages and there are some really great pics of the east end, so I thought I would post a link to a site of some fantastic photos of Victorian and Edwardian slum dwellings. There are quite a lot of pics of courts... even some interiors are shown...and theres one thats almost a replica of Millers Court. The pics are of Liverpool I know, but I suppose I can use the rather feeble excuse of the Maybrick link lol.
    Please excuce me for posting the link and not individual pics from the site but I dont really know how to do this, plus there are nearly a hundred photos on it. They give an excellent insight to how the poor lived in almost identical homes to those in the east end.
    Please enjoy the photos and do let me know what you think.
    Carol x

hello carol,

thanks for the link and welcome to casebook!
    x

---MJK---

Comment

Hi Carol and welcome

A very nice first post there and and a brilliant set of photos on that link.

Might I suggest that you also post the link on the East End Photos thread as that's where the fans of these old photos hang out and some may miss it here.

Thanks again

Stephen
      allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Thank you MJK for your welcome, hope you enjoy the pics.

carol x

Comment

Thank you Stephen Thomas for your welcome, glad you liked the photos, there are some good 'uns there.I Have posted link on photo thread as you suggested, thank you again for that...I wasnt sure where to place 'em.

carol x

Comment

Welcome aboard Carol.

BW
            "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X