"American Idiot" song on chart for Trump's visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
    I agree, but to hear Trump tell it, he is "a very stable genius"!
    I feel that Mr. Ed was a far more stable genius!!

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      Indeed, the very fact that such a buffoon was even allowed to run for office amazes me - if he'd applied for any other job, he'd have been sifted out before the interview stage.

Er, while I quite agree that Trump is nothing but a carrot-colored shitstain on the fabric of American history, I watched your last election and on stage running for the same position as your Prime Minister was a guy with a bucket on his head and a guy in a furry costume.

So I'm not entirely sure England has the right to be amazed at who runs for office over here.

Let all Oz be agreed;
      I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
        Er, while I quite agree that Trump is nothing but a carrot-colored shitstain on the fabric of American history, I watched your last election and on stage running for the same position as your Prime Minister was a guy with a bucket on his head and a guy in a furry costume.

So I'm not entirely sure England has the right to be amazed at who runs for office over here.
        Indeed, but whilst we have fringe "Loony Party" candidates in our local elections, they're not taken seriously and invariably poll only a few hundred votes. Crucially, such people would never get to lead a major party and have no chance of heading the government.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post

Ally, that's a brutally honest description of Trump - and from an American too. That has to be worth a billion of any insults a Brit could come up with.

Comment

Indeed, but whilst we have fringe "Loony Party" candidates in our local elections, they're not taken seriously and invariably poll only a few hundred votes. Crucially, such people would never get to lead a major party and have no chance of heading the government.

I adore some of our 'loony' candidates. It is particularly satisfying when 'Arsewipe Toiletbrush Floormop Trevors' polls more votes that the UKIP candidate!

Wasn't there a Monty Python sketch along a similar theme?

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
              Wasn't there a Monty Python sketch along a similar theme?
              Yup - "Election Night Special", featuring Kevin Philips Bong (Slightly Silly Party) and Tarquin Fintinlimbim Limbim-Bim-Bim-Bim Bus-Stop F’Tang-F’Tang Olé-Biscuit-Barrel (Very Silly Party)
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                I adore some of our 'loony' candidates. It is particularly satisfying when 'Arsewipe Toiletbrush Floormop Trevors' polls more votes that the UKIP candidate!
                Love it, Limehouse!

Our 'loony' candidates perform an important function on the fringes. But if we ever voted in sufficient numbers to put a real loony in charge of our country, we'd be just as much in need of a check up from the neck up.

By the way, cream tea lovers everywhere, I say "scone" to rhyme with "stone", while my other half - a Londoner like myself - insists it should rhyme with "gone". I think "sconn" sounds a bit faux posh and affected, but I guess it's a matter of taste. Like whether the cream goes on the scone first or the jam:

Devonshire cream teas have been made with cream on the bottom and jam on top ever since their origin in Tavistock Abbey in Devon, where the tradition of eating bread with cream and jam began in the 11th century. This origin of the Cream Tea is disputed by the Cornish who believe the only way to serve a cream tea is with the cream on top. Historically, there have been more variations between Cornish and Devon cream teas than just whether jam or cream is placed on top. In Cornwall, the cream tea was traditionally served with a

Personally I like to butter my scone first, then put the jam on, with the clotted cream piled on top.

Good for clotted arteries but very heaven!

Love,

Caz
                X
                "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                  Love it, Limehouse!

Our 'loony' candidates perform an important function on the fringes. But if we ever voted in sufficient numbers to put a real loony in charge of our country, we'd be just as much in need of a check up from the neck up.

By the way, cream tea lovers everywhere, I say "scone" to rhyme with "stone", while my other half - a Londoner like myself - insists it should rhyme with "gone". I think "sconn" sounds a bit faux posh and affected, but I guess it's a matter of taste. Like whether the cream goes on the scone first or the jam:

Devonshire cream teas have been made with cream on the bottom and jam on top ever since their origin in Tavistock Abbey in Devon, where the tradition of eating bread with cream and jam began in the 11th century. This origin of the Cream Tea is disputed by the Cornish who believe the only way to serve a cream tea is with the cream on top. Historically, there have been more variations between Cornish and Devon cream teas than just whether jam or cream is placed on top. In Cornwall, the cream tea was traditionally served with a

Personally I like to butter my scone first, then put the jam on, with the clotted cream piled on top.

Good for clotted arteries but very heaven!

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  Hi Caz,

That's the Cornish method, isn't it? You must get some odd looks in the tea rooms of Seaton.

I'm a 'scon' man myself (rhymes with 'alright, John') rather than 'scone' which sounds affected to me.

Here in Dorset there are no rules. Charles I once described Lyme as ' that Rebellious Towne'.

Gary
                  Last edited by MrBarnett; 07-16-2018, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Ahhh the endorphin releasing group think....like a hit of Soma it was plus, plus good.

I do sometimes miss my Trump Delusion Syndrome.
                    My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

On a side note, Green Day's American Idiot reached number 2. Couldn't get past the Three Lions song. Brits still love their footie more than they hate Trump.

Comment

Quite, but Turkey and Saudi Arabia aren't exactly renowned for being bastions of freedom and democracy, unlike the USA. When Trump, the leader of the most allegedly "advanced" nation in the world, behaves in such a regressive, rude and ignorant manner, it's all the more shocking. Indeed, the very fact that such a buffoon was even allowed to run for office amazes me - if he'd applied for any other job, he'd have been sifted out before the interview stage.
                        He's also a big rich white guy. Easy, PC target.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                          He's also a big rich white guy. Easy, PC target.
                          I wasn't making a PC point, and many leaders of the western world are rich, white people anyway. It's just that they're usually expected to be intelligent, balanced, civil and well-informed, and most of them are.
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

This thread is so much fun. It has saved me from the distressing (and deeply depressing) tedium of responding to halfwits on our local newspaper facebook page who variously:

a) object to a sculpture that has been installed outside our local theatre because 'it would be better if we had more car parking spaces in town'
                            b) respond to our local MP's distaste for President Trump by writing 'she should shut up and respect freedom of speech'.
                            c) announce things like 'all you left wing snowflakes will be sorry when Enoch gets voted in again'

Thank you all so much.

Comment

I wasn't making a PC point, and many leaders of the western world are rich, white people anyway. It's just that they're usually expected to be intelligent, balanced, civil and well-informed, and most of them are.
                              Oh well! Not to worry! Big Don and Putin are best pals now don't you know? Along with their 'bestie' Kim, they're gonna save the world!

Comment

we'll know soon. Trump is getting new instructions from Putin as we speak.

Comment

Working...
                                X