Odd Methods of Murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd Methods of Murder

What are some of the stranger methods of murder of which people have heard? Not necessarily horrible or gruesome, but just unexpectedly strange or elaborate - the sort of thing that Charlie Chan or Sherlock Holmes might have to contend with.
    - Ginger

If you Google ISIS or Kim Jong Un you'll find a variety of methods. The only thing to rival them is "Midsommer Murders."

Comment

Interesting question!

Does anyone know if someone has actually been deliberately scared to death?

I'm sure that someone with a likeness to Vincent Price must have tried it at sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
        Interesting question!

Does anyone know if someone has actually been deliberately scared to death?

I'm sure that someone with a likeness to Vincent Price must have tried it at sometime.
        NO Bela Lugosi (he was in the movie Scared to Death.... terrible film really ( And I am the biggest Lugosi fane ever!) only things that make it worth while are the fact the Angelo Rossito is in it (Little person of Freaks fame) and it is the only color film Bela made.....

it is an interesting question.....have seen many weird ways in films... but in real life, I will have to think about that

Steadmund Brand
        "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

There have been some gruesome murder methods in English history.

Two kings died in horrible circumstances. One of them (Edward 111?) had a hot poker inserted in his jacksie.

Another king died after being drowned in a keg of malmsey wine.
          This is simply my opinion

Comment

It was Edward II. May have been some perverted punishment for his supposed gayness. Or to leave no marks on the body to forestall impersonators. Or simple sadism.

Comment

Originally posted by louisa View Post
              There have been some gruesome murder methods in English history.

Two kings died in horrible circumstances. One of them (Edward 111?) had a hot poker inserted in his jacksie.

Another king died after being drowned in a keg of malmsey wine.
              I had an ancestor die in a vat of beer.

They pulled him out three times, but he managed to get back in
              G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                It was Edward II. May have been some perverted punishment for his supposed gayness. Or to leave no marks on the body to forestall impersonators. Or simple sadism.
                This particularly ghastly Royal end (pun intended) took place at Berkeley Castle. According to apparently written records, prior to the red-hot poker the poor King first had a cow-horn inserted, so there would be no external burning on his botty. I believe that this method of murder was not unknown in days of yore for those who dared take a walk on the wild side....

It was the Duke Of Clarence who was drowned on the orders of Good King Richard III in a butt of Malmsey wine. He'd have been OK but tried to drink his way out.

Not exactly murder as such, but the British Army in India during the late 19th century developed quite a penchant for tying native malefactors to the mouth of a cannon, and lighting the blue touch-paper.

G
                We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

A real case was murder by starvation.Or rather it was one of five possible causes of a person dying in prison.The allegation was that warders withheld food from a prisoner

Comment

This thread should have been titled "The evil that men do"
                    This is simply my opinion

Comment

The Chicago Tylenol Murders. Straight out of a cozy mystery.

Comment

Originally posted by Penhalion View Post
                        The Chicago Tylenol Murders. Straight out of a cozy mystery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Tylenol_murders
                        The anniversary this week I think.
                        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

A criminal called Gaskins committed homicide by means of an exploding phone.
                          SCORPIO

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpio View Post
                            A criminal called Gaskins committed homicide by means of an exploding phone.
                            Indeed? Tell me more!
                            - Ginger

Comment

Working...
                            X