Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 14 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Trevor Marriott 25 minutes ago.
Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman): special k and George yard - by Batman 39 minutes ago.
Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman): special k and George yard - by Batman 50 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Observer 1 hour and 4 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by Batman 1 hour and 5 minutes ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (88 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: The Bucks Row Project Summary Report. - (8 posts)
Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman): special k and George yard - (4 posts)
Mary Ann Nichols: What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed? - (2 posts)
General Discussion: Maria Coroner - (1 posts)
Conferences and Meetings: The East End Conference 2018: London - (1 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > General Suspect Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-28-2017, 12:43 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
Fair point Harry, but the whole JTR case is mired in conflicting testimonies, dubious witnesses etc.

In many ways the JTR case is much like any major multiple/serial murder case in that by accepting certain specific testimonies and standpoints anyone can put forward a "plausible" theory.

The "A6 Rebooted" thread on these boards is a case in point.
People argue various points, testimonies and scientific evidence on the A6 thread, however it is surely a futile exercise, in that all the evidence points clearly to Hanratty.

We can dance round the maypole on the JTR case, however, if we employ "Occam's Razor" a lot of the so called evidence and testimonies simply vanish.

In my opinion,again using "Occam's Razor", Blotchy emerges from the mist as one of only 2 plausible suspects who could be JTR, the other being Kosminski, on the basis of the Swanson Marginalia.

If we look at the JTR case through the prism of "what is the simplest, most likely solution?", we end up with Blotchy and Kosminski.
Hi Barn
This is an interesting post. and I pretty much agree with you. I do have blotchy and Kos in my top tier of valid suspects, along with several others.

However, if you include Blotchy, then why not Aman? as a matter of fact I never see Aman posited as a serious suspect on here. never. why is that?

If hutch was telling the truth-you have to include Aman (especially if you include Blotchy). Surely he must be the best suspect, and hutch the best witness, no?

so why dosnt anyone ever include Aman? Ill tell you why-because no one really believes hutchs story thats why. If they did believe Hutch, and a lot of people on here apparently do believe his story (yet weirdly, these same people never tout Aman as a viable suspect), they should include Aman.

and if hutch was lying about Aman he has to be considered a suspect.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-28-2017, 02:41 PM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Hi Barn
This is an interesting post. and I pretty much agree with you. I do have blotchy and Kos in my top tier of valid suspects, along with several others.

However, if you include Blotchy, then why not Aman? as a matter of fact I never see Aman posited as a serious suspect on here. never. why is that?
Hi Abby.

In my view, Astrachan is not a suspect because Mrs Kennedy saw Kelly outside the Britannia about 3:00 am.
Kelly was murdered after 3 o'clock, around the time of the cry of "murder".
__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
Hi Abby.

In my view, Astrachan is not a suspect because Mrs Kennedy saw Kelly outside the Britannia about 3:00 am.
Kelly was murdered after 3 o'clock, around the time of the cry of "murder".
Hi wicky
so hutch was lying IYO? or mary went out after Aman? please explain.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-28-2017, 02:56 PM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnflatwyngarde View Post
If we look at the JTR case through the prism of "what is the simplest, most likely solution?", we end up with Blotchy and Kosminski.
Kosminski is as bad a suspect as Druitt. Accused by officials many years after-the-fact. Absolutely no evidence of any kind to place either of them anywhere near a crime scene.
Druitt even has the edge over Kosminski because of the supposed "confession" letter. No such accusation exists for Kosminski, and Kos was only 23 at the time, far too young for any of the witness description accounts.
__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
Hi wicky
so hutch was lying IYO? or mary went out after Aman? please explain.
Mary went out after Aman, someone bought her fish and chips.
__________________
Regards, Jon S.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-28-2017, 03:10 PM
Wickerman Wickerman is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,759
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava View Post

However none of them were called to the inquest and we haven’t seen any of their names.
"We", don't need to see their names.
This report indicates the police had their names. This round of interviews must have been warranted due to Hutchinson coming forward with his story on the 12th. So on the 13th?, the police interviewed all the residents, then the story appears on the 14th, as it did.

They wouldn't be called to the inquest because Maxwell, who was, said Kelly was alive at 9 o'clock Friday morning, plus the earliest time she could have been killed was after 3 o'clock that morning. These witnesses are confirming Hutchinson's story, which was not known at the time of the inquest.
__________________
Regards, Jon S.

Last edited by Wickerman : 11-28-2017 at 03:15 PM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-28-2017, 03:22 PM
GUT GUT is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I come from a land Down Under
Posts: 7,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
"We", don't need to see their names.
This report indicates the police had their names. This round of interviews must have been warranted due to Hutchinson coming forward with his story on the 12th. So on the 13th?, the police interviewed all the residents, then the story appears on the 14th, as it did.

They wouldn't be called to the inquest because Maxwell, who was, said Kelly was alive at 9 o'clock Friday morning, plus the earliest time she could have been killed was after 3 o'clock that morning. These witnesses are confirming Hutchinson's story, which was not known at the time of the inquest.
Why wast Maurice Lewis called though???
__________________
G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-28-2017, 03:32 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
Mary went out after Aman, someone bought her fish and chips.
So Barnett, hutch, blotchy, Aman and misterX ?!? Wow busy girl.

But seriously, why couldn’t she had fish and chips with blotchy?
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-28-2017, 03:36 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
Kosminski is as bad a suspect as Druitt. Accused by officials many years after-the-fact. Absolutely no evidence of any kind to place either of them anywhere near a crime scene.
Druitt even has the edge over Kosminski because of the supposed "confession" letter. No such accusation exists for Kosminski, and Kos was only 23 at the time, far too young for any of the witness description accounts.
Nah. Three police name him and he’s the only suspect with any kind of direct evidence... the possible positive ID. Age would be hard to determine, he could have looked older than his years.

Druit has nothing going for him but rumors of rumors.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-28-2017, 03:38 PM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
"We", don't need to see their names.
This report indicates the police had their names. This round of interviews must have been warranted due to Hutchinson coming forward with his story on the 12th. So on the 13th?, the police interviewed all the residents, then the story appears on the 14th, as it did.

They wouldn't be called to the inquest because Maxwell, who was, said Kelly was alive at 9 o'clock Friday morning, plus the earliest time she could have been killed was after 3 o'clock that morning. These witnesses are confirming Hutchinson's story, which was not known at the time of the inquest.
The earliest she could have been killed was around one am.
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.