Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Mary Ann Nichols: What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed? - by Simon Wood 38 minutes ago.
Abberline, Inspector Frederick: Hinting at something? - by c.d. 4 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by MrBarnett 4 hours ago.
Mary Ann Nichols: What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed? - by DJA 4 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by MrBarnett 4 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - by GUT 4 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection. - (53 posts)
Mary Ann Nichols: What Direction Was Polly Travelling When She Was Killed? - (11 posts)
Klosowski, Severin (George Chapman): special k and George yard - (4 posts)
Scene of the Crimes: The Bucks Row Project Summary Report. - (3 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (2 posts)
Motive, Method and Madness: JtR was Law Enforcement Hypothesis - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > General Suspect Discussion

Old 09-05-2018, 09:21 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl View Post
With a slight modification the theory becomes a lot less silly. Suppose that Mary Kelly and Joseph Barnett killed a woman and mutilated her so that she couldn't be properly identified, and thus pass for MJK. After all, only Barnett was able to identify the corpse, and apparently he could only do so from the eyes. The eyes, without eyelids - meaning they wouldn't have looked like MJK's eyes at all, whether that was the real MJK or not

The police would have no motive for arranging such a hoax, but MJK might, for personal reasons. This would also explain why Caroline Maxwell insists she saw MJK hours after the proposed time of death. It would also explain the facial mutilations, quite different from anything done to previous victims, and these particular mutilations almost seem to have been made specifically to complicate identification.

This is a theory that I don't dismiss, rather than a theory I believe. It's mostly conjecture. I don't buy MJK as a Ripper victim in any event, though.
Hi,
Well my original idea was also based around the sighting of Kelly, the murder being indoors instead of on the street, the long gap between Eddowes and Kelly'so murders, the strange going on's at the inquest and that blasted key and kicking the door down fiasco.
But the only motive I could come up with for a Police put up job, was simply a training exercise in future such events....ie crime scene detection.

Regards.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:44 AM
Constable

Default Just a thought about most ridiculous suspects.

As I say, just a thought.
With the 100+ suspects we have, we have some "Gentlemen", for instance, the Queens Grandson, Gull, Druitt and others.

Think about it, unless there really were two of them, who the hell would want to hang around Bucks row, Dorset st and so on, considering they were supposed to be mean streets, lowest of the low and so on, could you see any of the aforementioned hanging around these place late at night, I wouldn't do it nowadays let alone back then.

Even though armed with sharp knives and so on, could someone like, well, any of them, take on a hardened Eastender or thug?

I suggest not, not forgetting of course that they could also run into one of the gangs in the area.

Surely, JTR had good knowledge of the area, came from the area, lived in the area?

This we know to be the likeliest type of candidate anyway, I think we all know that it was highly likely NOT one of the above or anyone like them.

Hasn't it got to be the roughest toughest suspect on the block, or just one of the many Sailors who can kill and then, vanish at will?

If we discount the "Gentlemen" types and the honest working class type who have no time for this sort of thing then, what are we left with?

Probably 80 suspects, there that's helped!

Who knows, just a thought.

Ridiculous suspects eh.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote