Hutchinson, hired by the Police?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hutchinson, hired by the Police?

I just read the stub about Hutchinson in Jack the Ripper A-Z, and it says that some american newspaper wrote the following about him:
    Some clever individual having invented a detailed description of the man seen walking about with Mary Kelly just before she was murdered, has been hired at five times his usual salary to walk about with the police and try to see the man again.

Does anyone know if thats true, or if any official reports of such thing exist?
    thanks
    Lukas
    " The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed. "

Albert Einstein

Hi Luke

that they wasted their time with Hutch is certain, while the waste of money has often been discussed (Reg said his father got some money out of his "help").

Comment

Not sure of exact figures but Hutchinson certainly did spend time with the police in an attempt to try and identify the man he saw again. I don't see anything sinister in this though, witnesses were regularly asked if they could identify the individual again and witnesses appearing at identity parades, etc etc....

It's a shame we don't know more about Hutchinson as I have a feeling that he might be an interesting character.

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

Hi Adam

Originally posted by Adam Went View Post
        It's a shame we don't know more about Hutchinson as I have a feeling that he might be an interesting character.
        Adam.
        For sure, if you ask me.

Comment

Actually that goes for a lot of the witnesses and others associated with the case, DVV, but Hutchinson in particular....

Cheers,
          Adam.

Comment

Sure, Adam.
            That's why nobody has been banned for a post on a Mulshaw thread.
            Unless I've missed something.

Comment

Hmm. Wonder if Mortimer was hired by somebody?
              *Ducks for cover*

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

Working...
              X