California Referendum to Legalize and Tax Marijuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Referendum to Legalize and Tax Marijuana

Advocates for legalizing marijuana officially secured enough signatures to put a referendum on the California ballot this coming November asking voters to legalize and tax marijuana.

Hmmmm....It seems to me that while far from a perfect solution, this would be the lesser of evils and bring in a lot of revenue to a state in desperate financial straits. Prohibition of alcohol in America did not work and simply gave rise to organized crime and people like Al Capone. Maybe there is a lesson there. What do you think?

c.d.

P.S. And no smart ass comments like "oh wow dude, was that vote today? Guess I forgot."

Banning liquer and weed are two different things. If you were to ban liquer there would be a revolt from the people as a whole.And one enormous black market - as with prohibition.

Banning weed has not caused a revolt, but annoyed those who use it, who have to go the long way round to get it.There are crims making a living out of it . So if the Californian state government gets the proceeds instead of the crime syndicates, it is definately the lesser of two evils.

I am sure the Governator (who has smoked a few joints in his time) could use the extra revenue to ballance the books. Q.

Comment

Working...
    X