Poirot in Whitechapel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poirot in Whitechapel?

George Hutchinson appears to have given an excellent description of the little Belgian sleuth. Could he have been secretly brought in by a desperate Scotland Yard?

Poirot?

Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
    George Hutchinson appears to have given an excellent description of the little Belgian sleuth. Could he have been secretly brought in by a desperate Scotland Yard?
    Am I wrong in thinking Crippen could have been in the East End in 1888?

Comment

Crippen?

Possibly but didn't he wear glasses? I'm telling you, it's Poirot!

Comment

Wrong wrong wrong

It is of course the great Holmes in one of his excellent disguises.

Comment

Belinda,

By no means impossible. And Watson could have borrowed Holmes' deerstalker and been the Ripper. We may be onto something here. Do you know a good publisher?

But I still prefer Poirot as Hutch's man.

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

Sacre bleu! How can you eat these jellied eels, Hastings?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              Sacre bleu! How can you eat these jellied eels, Hastings?
              Mon Dieu!

But the pie and mash she is so delicious n'est-ce pas?

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

Well of course Poirot was in the City. He was covering up the fact that Abraham Lincoln was suffering from Brain Fever and killing girls for some reason that I have yet to decipher (or make up). Or maybe it was Miss Marple. Hang on I should have thought about this before typing...
                There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

You can't trust a man who has a beard without a 'tache. That's what you yanks fail to see. You didn't see Winston Churchill buggering about with a beard and no 'tache, did you? No! I realise that no yanks have posted here after looking, but well...
                  Last edited by Steven Russell; 03-25-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

MARY : I've lost my handkerchief.

POIROT : Can you describe the handkerchief? When did you last see it? Was it a valuable handkerchief? How many people knew where you kept it? Has anything else gone missing?....Mon Dieu! I cannot cut off these breasts - they are of unequal sizes.

Comment

You can't trust a man who has a beard without a 'tache. That's what you yanks fail to see. You didn't see Winston Churchill buggering about with a beard and no 'tache, did you? No! I realise that no yanks have posted here after looking, but well...
                      I don't care to refer to myself as a Yank, being from the South and all... but anyway, we have Mennonite and Amish over here wth beards and no 'tache and they are pretty honest... Now, Lincoln... well he was responsible for killing a quarter of a million of my folks... so he's a different story.
                      Last edited by Hunter; 03-26-2010, 03:21 AM.
                      Best Wishes,
                      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Belinda,

By no means impossible. And Watson could have borrowed Holmes' deerstalker and been the Ripper. We may be onto something here. Do you know a good publisher?

But I still prefer Poirot as Hutch's man.

Best wishes,

Steve.
                        Oh What about Holmes as the Ripper after a Cocaine binge and Watson valiently (deer)stalking his feral friend through the streets of Whitechappel

Comment

Dear Belinda,

I like it! Holmes had a motive too. He was often highly disparaging when speaking of the police and even brother amateurs. He told Watson he thought Dupin a "very inferior fellow". By committing The Crimes of the Century and remaining at liberty, he was proving his superiority to himself while having a good, cocaine fuelled, laugh at the officials.

We also know that he had little regard for women although he could be charming enough when it suited him. The murders were thus his own personal vanity project complete with silly red herrings like the Goulston Street Graffito and Dear Boss letter.

Watson's friendship meant that he could not inform on Holmes but that did not stop him from trying to shadow the great man to prevent further crimes. This also explains why Watson made no mention whatsoever in his writings of the highest profile case of the age.

It is inconceivable that Holmes was not contacted by Lestrade or even Abberline over the case. His refusal to help meant that they had to turn to Poirot who was seen by Hutchinson. It all fits!

Dear Hunter,

I would never dream of calling you a yank, dear fellow. Incidentally, I went to Tennessee (Memphis) a few years back and y'all were real nice. Not like us starchy Brits.

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

Dear Hunter,

I would never dream of calling you a yank, dear fellow. Incidentally, I went to Tennessee (Memphis) a few years back and y'all were real nice. Not like us starchy Brits.
                            Well, maybe so, but the Brits have character.

By the way... did you try the Bar-be-que ?
                            Best Wishes,
                            Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                              Well, maybe so, but the Brits have character.

By the way... did you try the Bar-be-que ?
                              What's the Bar-be-que? If it's on Beale Street then I almost certainly did try it. A friend and I were over there in, I think, 2006 to check out a music festival called "Ponderosa Stomp". It was easily the best holiday I've ever had and I got to meet some of my rockabilly heroes like Sleepy LaBeef, Joe Clay, Hayden Thompson, and Sonny Burgess. Scotty Moore ran away from me, though. Also met the writer, Peter Guralnick.

"Let's give old Tennessee credit for music" : Carl Perkins.

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

Working...
                              X