Same Colorado Baker Refuses to Bake Cake Celebrating Gender Transition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Colorado Baker Refuses to Bake Cake Celebrating Gender Transition

Wow. Who will this guy bake a cake for? I wonder if he quizzes heterosexual couples to see if they have been having sex outside of marriage.

c.d.

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/co...epm?li=BBnb7Kz

Wow. Who will this guy bake a cake for? I wonder if he quizzes heterosexual couples to see if they have been having sex outside of marriage.

c.d.
    Lol. Apparently only medieval saints
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Why celebrate mental illness?

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        Why celebrate mental illness?
        Many ripperologists are interested in the 19th century, but I didn't realise that some of them still lived there.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Whatever you are, black, white, brown, yellow, male, female, other, gay, straight, eat as much cake as you can before the health fascists ban it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
            Many ripperologists are interested in the 19th century, but I didn't realise that some of them still lived there.

If you're biologically and anatomically a man and think you're a woman (or vice-versa) then your brain isn't hardwired right. We shouldn't contort reality in order for it to conform to our own mental delusions. Would you let an anorexic starve herself because she believes she's overweight?

It's only because we live in an increasingly permissive, postmodern society that stuff like this is becoming normalised.

Comment

If you're biologically and anatomically a man and think you're a woman (or vice-versa) then your brain isn't hardwired right.
              All our brains are wired differently, but that doesn't make this particular kind of wiring a "mental illness". I've known a number of people who identify more with the opposite gender than their own, but I certainly wouldn't call them mentally ill.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Well, cakes are usually dry and dusty and there is no such thing as a "saucy cake". Quite a safe profession for him, I imagine. At the same time, I admire the fact that he DOES have a business plan and is sticking to it (unlike my employer....)

Comment

All our brains are wired differently, but that doesn't make this particular kind of wiring a "mental illness". I've known a number of people who identify more with the opposite gender than their own, but I certainly wouldn't call them mentally ill.
                  Of course you wouldn't, because that wouldn't be very politico correcto.

Comment

It's not about political correctness, but about biology.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

It's not about political correctness, but about biology.
                      It's 'gender dysphoria', a recognised mental condition. They don't call it a disorder or illness because they want to avoid stigmatizing it. You often find that transgender is a symptom of other underlying mental illnesses.

Comment

It's 'gender dysphoria', a recognised mental condition. They don't call it a disorder or illness because they want to avoid stigmatizing it.
                        It seems that some people will inevitably face stigmatisation from some quarters, no matter how they are classified.
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Gender is a social construction. The recognition of an 'unfixed' gender is not even new. Native Americans recognised the status of 'Berdache' - a person who identifies with multiple gender identities.

Comment

Excellent response.

Comment

It’s more than I bit worrying when you think about how far all this can go. Should a white man or woman be allowed to ‘identify’ as black or vice versa? Should I be allowed to ‘indentify’ as a horse or a whelk? All this pronoun nonsense seems to me just an excuse for people to find a ‘cause’ no matter how pointless and silly. I saw something on YouTube about a group who think that, until they are 4 years old and can ‘decide’ their own gender babies should be identified as ‘theybies.’ This is indefensible lunacy. These people need to be overwhelmed by mockery until they go and find something else to do.

I think that we need to get the walls of their ‘safe spaces’ padded just so that they don’t hurt themselves whilst they’re in the middle of one of their self-hating, masochistic hand-wringing blubbering sessions.

What’s the world coming to?
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                              X