No announcement yet.

Victorian photographs of dead people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about all the country music songs about the dead girlfriend/wife/kid? There also was a bunch of dead girlfriends songs in the early years of rock. (For instance, the one where the car stalls on the train tracks and the stupid bimbo goes back for the guy's ring...)

- CFL

Comment

Originally posted by louisa View Post
      I'm not sure what to think about it.

In a way it's a good idea....but I think if she was going to put her brother in the wedding pictures then she should have put him properly there - as a clear image and not just a ghostly shadow.
      Well, he wasn't literally there, so I think emotionally that would feel very fake.

But you can imagine your loved one there in spirit. Still watching over you after death. Being there in spirit. So I think these photos are a good way to play into that emotional need.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldebaran View Post
        In order for the children to stay still long enough to be photographed, the mother sat with them covered by a large table cloth or something on that order. Why the mother couldn't be shown as herself is beyond me.
        It was because photographers generally charged for each subject as well as each shot.
        “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

Sounds like the song "Finnegan's Wake" !

Elizabeth

Comment

Working...
          X