Julia Venturney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Julia Venturney

Rootschat, the free family history forum where some of the best genealogists in the world meet online, has a thread started last July by a descendant of Julia Venturney.

Tilly56 « on: Sunday 14 July 13 14:22 BST (UK) »

I have just come back to my genealogy after quite a long break, and am trying to find information about Julia Venturney née Cooke. She is the daughter of my Gtx3 Grandfather Richard Cooke and married Antonio Venturney.
    I haven't read all ten pages but there are some interesting 'finds' on the first few:

1. Venturney is actually derived from an Italian name.

2. Julia may well be the "Lottie" who was living in 13 Millers Court in 1892!

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=653794.0

Lottie Ventorney, "England and Wales Census, 1911"

Name: Lottie Ventorney
    Event Type: Census
    Event Date: 1911
    Birthplace: Kinsington
    Schedule Type: Household
    Registration District: Whitechapel
    Sub-District: Spitalfields
    Parish: Spitalfields
    County: London

Comment

Good work, it's so fascinating learning about those who were living in Whitechapel during that time and how they relate to everything.

Comment

Thanks, El,

It shows how much great work is being done by researchers on genealogy sites and history forums that have a bearing on Ripper studies.

Isn't the identification of "Lottie" at 13 Millers Court as Julia Venturney something completely new?

Comment

Chris Scott did a lot of research on Julia Venturney back in 2004. A possible link between Lottie and Julia is mentioned in this old casebook thread:

Chris told me last year that he was in touch with some relatives of Julia Venturney and did mention a link to Lottie again. If I'm not mistaken I think I read he was planning an article on her. Sadly, that will not happen now.

Comment

Her mother and daughter were both called Charlotte or Charlotta - the diminutive of which can be Lottie. Maybe Julia's middle name was Charlotte?

Comment

interesting

Hello May. Thanks for posting this. Very interesting.

Cheers.
              LC

Comment

Thanks, Lynn.

Originally posted by Debra A View Post
                Chris Scott did a lot of research on Julia Venturney back in 2004. A possible link between Lottie and Julia is mentioned in this old casebook thread:

http://www.casebook.org/forum/messages/4926/10187.html
                Yes, Debra, Robert Clack makes the earliest connection in the 2004-5 thread, with help from Chris Scott.

Chris also mentions it again in this 2008 thread:

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=1764

The identification of her husband in the Death Index as Antonio Venturine looks new.

Deaths Dec 1871
                Venturine Antonio 46 Marylebone 1a 371

Comment

Working...
                X