Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chapman's descendants will attend my presentation.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HelenaWojtczak View Post
    It's all part of the Ripper mystery!

Nah, that plaque is just full of nonsense top to bottom, really. And "hung"? Hmph!

Helena
    Sad to say, "hung" is now accepted as also being correct. Which in the US at least (I'm not so up on my British slang these days) leads to some confusion.

But it's totally hanged. I don't care what the dictionary people say. They lost my respect when they put "jiggy" in the dictionary, when the guy who popularized the word can't even define it.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
      Sad to say, "hung" is now accepted as also being correct. Which in the US at least (I'm not so up on my British slang these days) leads to some confusion.

But it's totally hanged. I don't care what the dictionary people say. They lost my respect when they put "jiggy" in the dictionary, when the guy who popularized the word can't even define it.
      Hi Errata.

Hey, you do know that you are quoted in my book, don't you?

Helena
      Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Originally posted by HelenaWojtczak View Post
        Hi Errata.

Hey, you do know that you are quoted in my book, don't you?

Helena
        I DO know.

And I have a birthday coming up soon, and the money I receive will go to buy your book.

If I don't lay down super strict book buying rules, I'd be living in a mobile library eating Ramen noodles.
        The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Hi Helena

If you would please tell us what your book is about, the title eludes to new evidence.

best

Jon

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Wilkes View Post
            Hi Helena

If you would please tell us what your book is about, the title eludes to new evidence.

best

Jon
            Yes, Jon, indeed I can.

You can do no better than to read the book's webpage, and some of the 17 5-star readers' reviews.

Best wishes

Helena

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

A THIRD descendant of Chapman's has now asked to attend my presentation next Saturday.

This is Michael, whose father was Chapman's daughter's son.

Confused?

Chapman > Cecilia > Albert >Michael.

His sister is also coming, and his daughter, too. All blood relations of Seweryn!

I can't wait to meet them all!

Comment

G'day Helena

Good luck for Saturday and well done on getting so many of the family along.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  Good luck for Saturday and well done on getting so many of the family along.
                  Thanks, mate. HW

Comment

All the best for Saturday Helena...slaughter them!

Every good wish as always

Dave

Comment

I wish I could be there.
                      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post
                        All the best for Saturday Helena...slaughter them!

Dave
                        Who do you think I am? Jill the Ripper?

Haha.

I'm devastated to hear that Norma won't be attending. By writing that essay on Chapman, she showed great interest in Chapman, so it's a great pity. I shall mention her, though, so she will be a part of it, in a way.

And thank, GUT, fr your comment.

So many people have said they wish they could attend but are too far away... how about I record my talk as a voiceover to the Powerpoint presentation and upload it to Youtube?

I just have to learn the technical side of things to do that...

Helena

Comment

G'day Helena

how about I record my talk as a voiceover to the Powerpoint presentation and upload it to Youtube?
                          That'd be GREAT.

For some reason the bride thought 18000 kms was too far for a talk.

Spoil sport.
                          G U T

Comment

Here they are.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Helena's Chapman talk on Saturday was brilliant. She demolished many myths and lies about Chapman with true academic rigor.
                              I have been reading her book this week. It is a superb piece of research, and a gripping well told story that covers every aspect of the case.
                              Throw away every other Chapman book. This is the only one you need.

Miss Marple

Comment

G'day Helena

Did you end up recording your talk?
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X