Who Are We?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    I have learned that it is best not to mention that you are a Ripperologist on a blind date. The evening was going fairly well when the lady asked me what my hobbies are. I casually mentioned my interest in the case along with my other hobbies ..." my look at the time, it's really getting late. Hey, this has been fun." I tried to make it clear that I myself am not a serial killer but at that point the evening was over.

c.d.
    c.d., that is so hysterical!! Reminds me of the time, when I was working on a film set, when one of the very cute extras came up to me to start a little conversation. Everything was going EXTREMELY well when I decided to ask what his profession was. "Undertaker", he replied with a charming smile. I just couldn't help myself. I confess to having walked away without another word said.

Comment

Been here and jtrforums.com for three years.

I love local history and tend to look at the case from a local slant, applying my knowledge to those that had links to my City.

I don't favour any suspect, nor apply myself to any set number of victims, but love the period and am interested by the case as a whole.
      Regards Mike

Comment

Howdy!

Hello Ghouls! I am yank in oklahoma, and I popped over to see if my suspect was listed. He isn't, but that is ok...all the better when I figure this out about Christmas!
        I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
        Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by sleekviper View Post
          Hello Ghouls! I am yank in oklahoma, and I popped over to see if my suspect was listed. He isn't, but that is ok...all the better when I figure this out about Christmas!
          Sleekviper, or Sneakyviper? You tease! Will a book be gracing our shelves at some point?
          Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jgaspard View Post
            The Conferences tend to get a lot of digital ink here on the forums. The last one was a month or so ago in London. Not sure if a U.S. one is happening next year or not. It's a good time -- smart fun people who occasionally drink.
            Just as occasionally as there is cool weather in England Ill venture.....Couldnt resist. But then again, whats Pub type conversation without the suds?

Ill second cd's post.....do not under any circumstances discuss your interest in the Ripper cases with someone you dont know yet but would like to see naked some time.

My best regards

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
              Ill second cd's post.....do not under any circumstances discuss your interest in the Ripper cases with someone you dont know yet but would like to see naked some time.

My best regards
              Mike,

this worries me...hahahahaha

best wishes

Phil
              Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
              Accountability? ....

Comment

HA!

Mike, I would not have the desire to write a book, just find the letters that were sent home by Jack. I figure that is what it is going to take to prove that I am right.
                I confess that altruistic and cynically selfish talk seem to me about equally unreal. With all humility, I think 'whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might,' infinitely more important than the vain attempt to love one's neighbour as one's self. If you want to hit a bird on the wing you must have all your will in focus, you must not be thinking about yourself, and equally, you must not be thinking about your neighbour; you must be living with your eye on that bird. Every achievement is a bird on the wing.
                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Big Plans?

Originally posted by sleekviper View Post
                  Mike, I would not have the desire to write a book, just find the letters that were sent home by Jack. I figure that is what it is going to take to prove that I am right.
                  Are you a forensic scientist? Apparently Mike C. knows who you are!

Comment

Noooo...lol

We are just having a laugh. It is a pleasure to meet everyone.
                    Oliver Wendell Holmes

Comment

Working...
                    X