So what if the Ripper was Jewish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    This is pretty much exactly how I see things too, Errata. And this is why I think Kosminski and Levy are not very viable contenders.

The best,
    Fisherman
    It's sort of like how you have to be crazy to join a cult, but it has to be the right kind of crazy or a cult will never appeal to you. I mean, I'm four different kinds of crazy, but none of my crazy finds a cult appealing.
    The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

• I find myself returning to the idea that some of the murders were committed by a Jewish suspect. Not for anything to do with Kosminski, but there is an overtly ritualistic element to these murders. They may have been performed by someone who was familiar with the Jewish practice of shechita, quickly and cleanly slicing the throat to facilitate exsanguination. This was then followed by the removal of internal organs to be used as trespass offerings. The murders did take place in a neighbourhood which was densely populated with Jewish immigrants. Perhaps the suspect had 'sinned' with a goy prostitute and the murders doubled as both retributive and redemptive.
      Last edited by Harry D; 12-01-2016, 08:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
        I find myself returning to the idea that some of the murders were committed by a Jewish suspect. Not for anything to do with Kosminski, but there is an overtly ritualistic element to these murders. They may have been performed by someone who was familiar with the Jewish practice of shechita, quickly and cleanly slicing the throat to facilitate exsanguination. This was then followed by the removal of internal organs to be used as trespass offerings. The murders did take place in a neighbourhood which was densely populated with Jewish immigrants. Perhaps the suspect had 'sinned' with a goy prostitute and the murders doubled as both retributive and redemptive.
        I lean more towards familiarity in the butchers trade than Shechita. IMHO removing organs was Jack taking his trophies. The ripper removing organs reminds me Dahmer and the body parts that he preserved.

Comment

• Originally posted by dantheman View Post
          I lean more towards familiarity in the butchers trade than Shechita.
          Shechita is a form of ritual slaughter used to produce kosher meat.

Originally posted by dantheman View Post
          IMHO removing organs was Jack taking his trophies.
          Look up the parallels between these murders and verses from Leviticus.

For starters...

He shall also bring his guilt offering to the LORD for his sin which he has committed, a female from the flock, a lamb or a goat as a sin offering.

He shall bring them to the priest, who shall offer first that which is for the sin offering and shall nip its head at the front of its neck, but he shall not sever it.…

In the killer's demented mind, he had to serve as both penitent and priest. Mary Kelly's slaughter was made to resemble some form of sacrificial ceremony.

Originally posted by dantheman View Post
          The ripper removing organs reminds me Dahmer and the body parts that he preserved.
          Dahmer was a hoarder and a necrophiliac. As far as we know, the Ripper didn't engage in sexual intercourse with any of the victims pre or post mortem. If there was a psychosexual element to these crimes, it was fetishized in the mutilations and organ removal.

Comment

• [QUOTE]
            Originally posted by Harry D View Post
            Shechita is a form of ritual slaughter used to produce kosher meat.

For starters...

He shall also bring his guilt offering to the LORD for his sin which he has committed, a female from the flock, a lamb or a goat as a sin offering.

He shall bring them to the priest, who shall offer first that which is for the sin offering and shall nip its head at the front of its neck, but he shall not sever it.…

In the killer's demented mind, he had to serve as both penitent and priest. Mary Kelly's slaughter was made to resemble some form of sacrificial ceremony.

Hi Harry D

]Shechita is a form of ritual slaughter used to produce kosher meat.

For starters...

Very Interesting. I think errata might have mentioned before. and yes I see a (possible slight)ritualistic element.

Dahmer was a hoarder and a necrophiliac. As far as we know, the Ripper didn't engage in sexual intercourse with any of the victims pre or post mortem. If there was a psychosexual element to these crimes, it was fetishized in the mutilations and organ removal.

To me, Dahmer seems very much like the ripper. Ruse victims, post mortem mutilation, removing organs. Bold and crafty in getting away with it (while it lasted of course).

Now we don't have any overtly sexual connotation to the ripper crimes, and he dosnt technically qualify as a necropheliac, but I have an itching suspicion he was doing something nasty with his little trophies, like jacking off with them. pun intended.

now that all being said, we have in Dahmers own words, that a lot of what he did was out of lonliness and fear of rejection, and wanted to keep his "partners" near to him.

now we don't know for sure the rippers innermost motivation would be, but I see someone more fascinated with the female anatomy and got off on what his knife could do with it. in other words more or less your classic sexually motivated post mortem serial killer.
            "Is all that we see or seem
            but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
            quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
            X