Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
    >>Well Fish you got him on the suspects board.<<

That's weird, I thought I was the one that suggested it?
    I think there is every chance that you will go down in history as the man who planted the image of Lechmere as the Whitechapel killer in the minds of people.

Comment

Everything I plant dies!
      dustymiller
      aka drstrange

Comment

Way to go Fish! (and of course Lechmere the former poster).

Now we can follow Patrick being ignored and Dusty leaving the Crossmere theory in the dust (pun intended)...all in one place!

I'm just kidding Fish, I for one appreciate the amount of effort that has been put in to the theory and all the info we've learned along the way becuase of your posts.

Cheers
        DRoy

Comment

Originally posted by DRoy View Post
          Way to go Fish! (and of course Lechmere the former poster).

Now we can follow Patrick being ignored and Dusty leaving the Crossmere theory in the dust (pun intended)...all in one place!

I'm just kidding Fish, I for one appreciate the amount of effort that has been put in to the theory and all the info we've learned along the way becuase of your posts.

Cheers
          DRoy
          Always a twist - otherwise it would not be DRoy...

Many thanks! And quite fair not to forget Edward!!

Comment

Originally posted by curious4 View Post
            I would agree - if anyone could name a serial killer who stopped killing and lived on to a ripe old age as a family man.

C4
            Zodiac. BTK. Green River Killer. Joseph Kappen. Fred West stopped killing in the 80s before being caught in the 90s.

And whether Lechmere was the Ripper or not...Jack the Ripper obviously died without being caught!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkPassenger View Post
              Zodiac. BTK. Green River Killer. Joseph Kappen. Fred West stopped killing in the 80s before being caught in the 90s.

And whether Lechmere was the Ripper or not...Jack the Ripper obviously died without being caught!
              It's a bit of an overstatement to say that Ridgway stopped. His last identified victim was only a three years before he was arrested and he's always maintained that he killed more than the 49 that he has been convicted for. You can say he slowed down and had a couple extended inactive cycles. Stopped, though, is stretching it a bit.
              Last edited by Shaggyrand; 03-19-2016, 08:27 PM. Reason: Phone autocorrected to "Ridgeway"- didn't notice.
              I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                It's a bit of an overstatement to say that Ridgway stopped. His last identified victim was only a three years before he was arrested and he's always maintained that he killed more than the 49 that he has been convicted for. You can say he slowed down and had a couple extended inactive cycles. Stopped, though, is stretching it a bit.
                Same for Rader (BTK)
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                  Same for Rader (BTK)
                  True but I've seen his "quieting" already covered like crazy on here. Ridgway gave me a chance to flex some KNOWING!! all over the page.
                  You could make a very good argument that Rader was gearing up to kill again and wanted to be caught. He was stalking new victims, getting rid of old trophies... But since he was caught before it happened he'll always be the big one brought up when "NAME ONE SERIAL KILLER WHO STOPPED! I DARE YA!!!" comes up (which it does a lot more than I figured it would).

Now, Zodiac, could have stopped. He kept writing the police but never gave any information about any actual known murders, talked about plots that never happened and made insanely large victim claims by the end. I just think if he had still been killing, he would have bragged about them more in his letters. He needed the attention more than the killing, I think (who knows? Can't rightly ask him.)
                  Kappan, the Saturday Night Strangler, is another who might have stopped but just as likely he was actually a serial rapist who just dabbled in killing for a bit and decided it didn't do it for him. That's not unheard of either.
                  I’m often irrelevant. It confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggyrand View Post
                    True but I've seen his "quieting" already covered like crazy on here. Ridgway gave me a chance to flex some KNOWING!! all over the page.
                    You could make a very good argument that Rader was gearing up to kill again and wanted to be caught. He was stalking new victims, getting rid of old trophies... But since he was caught before it happened he'll always be the big one brought up when "NAME ONE SERIAL KILLER WHO STOPPED! I DARE YA!!!" comes up (which it does a lot more than I figured it would).

Now, Zodiac, could have stopped. He kept writing the police but never gave any information about any actual known murders, talked about plots that never happened and made insanely large victim claims by the end. I just think if he had still been killing, he would have bragged about them more in his letters. He needed the attention more than the killing, I think (who knows? Can't rightly ask him.)
                    Kappan, the Saturday Night Strangler, is another who might have stopped but just as likely he was actually a serial rapist who just dabbled in killing for a bit and decided it didn't do it for him. That's not unheard of either.

I too think BTK (isn't that some fancy sandwich) was either planning to kill or trying to get caught, maybe both.

And of course the other's we just don't know if/why they stopped.

Dead
                    Jail
                    Sick

Who knows?
                    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Considering all the dangers lurking at home and in workplaces in Victorian England, not to mention accidents with horses, carts etc every time people ventured out, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Jack had met with an accident very early in 1889, leaving him disabled or dead and cutting his career as a serial killer off prematurely. Karma, perhaps!

Comment

Rader killed five times in 1974 (split up on two occasions with four and one victim, respectively), two times in 1977 (on separate occasions), once in 1985, once in 1986 and finally once in 1991.

After that, he did not kill in fourteen years, whereupon the authorities caught him in 2005.

Contemplating killing is not the same as killing. It can always be reasoned that somebody who killed in 1965, 1966 and 1967, while in his twenties, would be contemplating killing again in 2016 while in his seventies, since "serial killers cannot stop".

I think the suggestion is utter rubbish; most serial killers are sexually motivated, and the sexual desire will taper off with time passing. There will be a large number of uncaught serialists out there, who have stopped killing due to the urge subsiding and eventually disappearing.

Rader found other outlets for his sexuality - he witnessed about that himself after being caught. He may well have enjoyed phantasises about starting over again - but the only viable deciding factor when it comes to the questipn whether he had stopped or not is visible in his murder count between 1991 and 2005: zero murders. He stopped, alright.He stopped for fourteen years. And if you can stop for fourteen years, you can stop for forty. Or permanently.

Comment

congrats fish,he still 'aint Jack though.lol

Comment

Before deciding whether Cross stoped,it has to be proven that he started.

Comment

Originally posted by harry View Post
                              Before deciding whether Cross stoped,it has to be proven that he started.
                              That's not going to happen.

Cheers John

Comment

Do you really... REALLY think the Ripper was the kind of guy who could stop himself? That's a rhetorical question for our Lechmerian friend, in case you didn't know.

The Ripper wasn't a mere strangler or stabber, he was mutilating and eviscerating women in dangerous locales where he could be caught at any moment. Comparison with Rader is further undermined when we factor in that the Ripper committed the brunt of his murders over ten weeks, whereas Rader went months and even years without killing. This shows that Rader must have had a greater degree of self-control than the Ripper.

For what it's worth, I'd daresay it would also have been easier for Rader to maintain some semblance of normality while living in conservative, middle-class 20th century America, than it would for the Ripper in the slums of the Victorian East End.

Comment

Working...
                                X