Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So if you live in Bethnal Green, you won´t kill in Whitechapel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
    Crow bragged afterwards about how he had a very good eyesight in the dark, and that this was what allowed him to see the person on the ground
    Yikes .. good eyesight in the dark, bragging .. the more we shine our bulls eye on The Crow, the sinister his story gets.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
      Even more so if he goes via Haydon Square, but Bats has it on good authority that no one crossed Aldgate High Street that night.
      Let's state what he would have been running into...

No less than three plainclothes detectives and one who had organized the reversal of beats that evening.

These were individuals on the lookout for JtR. That was their remit being in plainclothes.
      Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
        C`mon Abby
        The Crow(I`d have Brandon Lee in the lead rol)e versus Mr Cross .he`s angry!! (Adam Sandler in the lead role)

You know The Crow wins the names !! ;-)
        Here´s a challenge for you, Jon. You wrote in a post around 2013 "We´ll see who remembers Cross as a suspect in ten years time!"

We´re halfways now, and it seems to me that your misgivings may have been sorely unwarranted.

But hey, let me return the gesture and say the exact same thing about Alfred Crowe - let´s return to him in ten years time and check his suspect status. There is a lot of enthusiasm about his viability as the Ripper out here today, so it should be interesting to see whether those high hopes stand the test of time. After all, bad suspects will wither away while good ones will stand tall.

Let´s check in 2028, shall we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
          Let's state what he would have been running into...

No less than three plainclothes detectives and one who had organized the reversal of beats that evening.

These were individuals on the lookout for JtR. That was their remit being in plainclothes.
          And such men were only in Aldgate?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
            And such men were only in Aldgate?
            I seem to remember that Chandler stopped two men in the vicinity of Mitre Square, only to let then go since they could account for why they were there. Presumably, they were on their way to work.

It was not as if being found on the streets was equivalent to being dragged off to the gallows. And as Gary has pointed out, Aldgate could not have been effectively closed off, especially since there was no specific reason to do so. For all that was known at that stage, the killer could have taken any route.

Comment

• Cross finds body and reports it, not just to a passerby but to a PC.

Crow, when confronted, claims he couldn't see her properly because of the dark which is why he didn't report it.

Crow 1 - Lechmere 0

Cross found a body on his route to work.

Crow passed a body on his route to home.

Crow 1 - Lechmere 1.

Cross walks across Whitechapel going to work. He must take the major routes, therefore, he passes by some murder scenes. Oh, there is a relative living somewhere to account for Berner St.

Crow is a cabbie. If he was a Whitechapel cabbie, and there is no reason to suspect he wasn't, then technically he can be anywhere, and even go around in a big circle, just like the C5.

Crow 1 - Lechmere 1

Crow lived in the hot zone of the geoprofile. He takes the shortest routes to all the murder scenes. Lechmere needs special pleading to shorten the distance he travels by omitting parts of his journey to work.

Crow 1 - Lechmere 0

Final Score:
              Crow 4 - Lechmere 2

We can easily apply the exact same reasoning used for Lechmere for Crow and Crow is more dubious because he didn't report anything and lives in the hot zone.

Comment

Cross finds body and reports it, not just to a passerby but to a PC.

Crow, when confronted, claims he couldn't see her properly because of the dark which is why he didn't report it.

Crow 1 - Lechmere 0

Cross found a body on his route to work.

Crow passed a body on his route to home.

Crow 1 - Lechmere 1.

Cross walks across Whitechapel going to work. He must take the major routes, therefore, he passes by some murder scenes. Oh, there is a relative living somewhere to account for Berner St.

Crow is a cabbie. If he was a Whitechapel cabbie, and there is no reason to suspect he wasn't, then technically he can be anywhere, and even go around in a big circle, just like the C5.

Crow 1 - Lechmere 1

Crow lived in the hot zone of the geoprofile. He takes the shortest routes to all the murder scenes. Lechmere needs special pleading to shorten the distance he travels by omitting parts of his journey to work.

Crow 1 - Lechmere 0

Final Score:
                Crow 4 - Lechmere 2

We can easily apply the exact same reasoning used for Lechmere for Crow and Crow is more dubious because he didn't report anything and lives in the hot zone.
                Eliza Cooper, shown to be violent: 1

Crow, never shown to be violent: 0

So Eliza Cooper is a better suspect than Crow.

Pick your fights with greater care, Batman, and you won´t look as foolish. If you don´t know who Eliza Cooper was, I can tell you that she held a grudge against a Ripper victim, so that´s 2-0. She also lived nearer the epicenter of the murders, so that´s 3-0.
                Last edited by Fisherman; 11-13-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Well, I´d say that since the Ripper murders are clearly connected with the Torso murders, and since the Torso murders started in 1873, Crow must be rather an unlikely killer. He was six at the time, Lechmere was 24.

If that is not enough for you, Robert Ressler (and you love authorities, remember?) said that the archetypical serial killer was a family father in his thirties, holding down a steady job.

Lechmere, therefore.
                  JtR...

28, 30, 30, 34.5. = 122.5/4 = 30.6

30 and half years old is the mean.

21-year-old Crow vs 39-year-old Cross.

Crow is 9.5 years off the age. Cross is 8.5.

Cross wins by a year.

Comment

Eliza Cooper, shown to be violent: 1

Crow, never shown to be violent: 0

So Eliza Cooper is a better suspect than Crow.

Pick your fights with greater care, Batman, and you won´t look as foolish.
                    Cross, never shown to be violent.

Crow never shown to be violent.

Cross 0, Crow 0.

Doesn't change the prior 4 - 2 victory for Cross.

Comment

Cross, never shown to be violent.

Crow never shown to be violent.

Cross 0, Crow 0.

Doesn't change the prior 4 - 2 victory for Cross.
                      My sole intention was to point out that the exercise was a stupid one. But thanks for getting it wrong and declaring Cross the winner.

Comment

• all right now its just getting goofy lol
                        "Is all that we see or seem
                        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Here´s a challenge for you, Jon. You wrote in a post around 2013 "We´ll see who remembers Cross as a suspect in ten years time!"

We´re halfways now, and it seems to me that your misgivings may have been sorely unwarranted.

But hey, let me return the gesture and say the exact same thing about Alfred Crowe - let´s return to him in ten years time and check his suspect status. There is a lot of enthusiasm about his viability as the Ripper out here today, so it should be interesting to see whether those high hopes stand the test of time. After all, bad suspects will wither away while good ones will stand tall.

Let´s check in 2028, shall we?
                          Au contraire, Christer !!
                          I believe I raised the same points about Crow a few years ago.
                          So we may be half way there already.
                          I`ll try and locate it.

Comment

• The bottom line is obviously that Crow is no more a 'suspect' than Cross is, even if he did win 4 - 2, it was just a win using the same criteria for making Cross a 'suspect'.

In the end, all we have are persons of interest at best, however, in the contemporary, investigators classed them as witnesses and nothing more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
                              Au contraire, Christer !!
                              I believe I raised the same points about Crow a few years ago.
                              So we may be half way there already.
                              I`ll try and locate it.
                              Strange, is it not, that I cannot remember that Crow has ever been mentioned in this type of context. I bet, however, that you remember that Lechmere has...?

When is the documentary about Alfred the Ripper due? Where are the dissertations? Who are the believers? You and Batman? Or only Batman? Or noone?
                              Last edited by Fisherman; 11-13-2018, 08:17 AM.

Comment

...investigators classed them as witnesses and nothing more.
                                And that proves...what?
                                Last edited by Fisherman; 11-13-2018, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X