Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Move to Murder: Who Killed Julia Wallace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RodCrosby View Post
    The stuff that gets posted here never ceases to amaze....

5 bob in the gas meter, or £100 in the cash-box. £6000 in today's money...

No-one would be tempted by that. Perish the thought....
    5 bob in old money. 60 pennies ,maybe your too young to remember. ( I didn’t understand the rest of your post.)

Comment

• Wallace's cash-box might contain nearly £100 in a good week.

That's £6000 in equivalent money today.

Not tempting to a thief?

Comment

Wallace's cash-box might contain nearly £100 in a good week.

That's £6000 in equivalent money today.

Not tempting to a thief?
        So what your saying is It definitely wouldn’t have been a local burglar doing the rounds, as Nick thinks , but likely to be parry who knew how much money would be in the cash box?
        It would be interesting to know ,as the police would have known ,what condition the burglar left the homes in ,in the Anfield area recently.
        No , I can’t believe it was an unconnected random burglary gone wrong.

Comment

• My theory is Parry&Accomplice, and it's the theory that closest fits all the evidence, and logic.

The Anfield Housebreaker had hit a house 3 doors from the Wallaces about a month earlier, IIRC, from looking at the Police file last year. I can't remember if any details of the criminal's M.O. were given in the file.

I'm not really sure I know what Nick thinks, but there are huge problems with what I've heard so far...
          Last edited by RodCrosby; 12-04-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

The home-made cabinet door was was broken off, it was not clear how.
            Theory?: the thief, discovering there was little in the cash-box (circled), went for the next likely place in the time available.
            is this a crime scene photo?

where is the broken off cabinet door?

Comment

• Yes, Abby.
              The middle-kitchen, photographed in the early hours of January 21st 1931, some 9 hours after the murder.

It might be out of sight behind the wicker-chair, or may have been already retrieved by the Police, by the time this photo was taken.

Comment

O...K.

two points.

a) how does this unconnected visitor/thief/killer get past the threshold?
                b) how does he know Wallace will be out to even consider it worthwhile in calling?
                He saw Wallace leave the house and provided some reason for being admitted by Julia.

This appears to be consistent with the theory that the defence put to the court:
                “When Wallace had left the house a watcher called and was admitted for the purpose of ‘leaving a note’ for Wallace."

But Wallace got caught up in an exchange with Hemmerde in which he said that Julia would only admit the people on his list, which appears now to be taken as fact and has obscured the original theory put by Oliver.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  is this a crime scene photo?

where is the broken off cabinet door?
                  No Abby.

No crime of any description took place in the kitchen. It’s pretty amazing how an alleged sneak-thief, hoping for a sizeable haul of cash, finds that he’s only got £4 for his trouble (to be shared between two remember.) So what does he do? Does he search Julia’s bag, ransack a few drawers, try the bedrooms, take some of Julia’s jewellery?

No.....he pulls the drawer off one cupboard and takes nothing. He then turns all the lights out and leaves!

On what planet is this even remotely believable. When you look at it calmly and without Rod’s ‘St William Was Innocent’ goggles on it’s quite laughable.

From a joke comes a joke
                  Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• So he was watching 365 days of the year [or at least for some considerable period!] for Wallace to make an unusual journey one Tuesday night?

If that was the case, why wasn't he watching on Monday, when he could have gained entry by whatever method you think he managed to on the Tuesday?

After all, the phone call under this scenario is just a random coincidence. There was no reason not to call on the Monday.

Too many problems, Nick. The evidence we see is there for a reason. We should not ignore it.

Comment

• And of course none of us should forget that, apart from Parkes unbelievable story, there’s not a single, solitary shred of evidence connecting Parry to the case.

Likewise an invented accomplice.
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• My biggest question with the Parry/Accomplice theory is the lack of articles/money taken from the house. I haven't seen a satisfactory explanation for why this would be the case. If the robbery/murder was committed by Parry's accomplice, he would have had sufficient time to significantly increase his otherwise disappointing haul. It adds to questioning if robbery was the main intent of the crime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                          And of course none of us should forget that, apart from Parkes unbelievable story, there’s not a single, solitary shred of evidence connecting Parry to the case.

Likewise an invented accomplice.
                          ...apart from his own statements at the time, and decades later.

And friends and neighbours. Policemen offering to tell, etc...

Disinformation and Misrepresentation is all you have.

It's OK, carry on with your bizarre antics...

I'm here

AND
                          YOU
                          DON'T
                          GET
                          PAST
                          ME
                          Last edited by RodCrosby; 12-04-2018, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by etenguy View Post
                            My biggest question with the Parry/Accomplice theory is the lack of articles/money taken from the house. I haven't seen a satisfactory explanation for why this would be the case. If the robbery/murder was committed by Parry's accomplice, he would have had sufficient time to significantly increase his otherwise disappointing haul. It adds to questioning if robbery was the main intent of the crime.
                            We hadn't finished looking at the crime scene.

Comment

We hadn't finished looking at the crime scene.
                              We had identified an explanation of why coins were left on the hearth, though I believe you have a refined scenario. Was there something else at the crime scene you find significant that we haven't considered?

Comment

• How about the mackintosh? [and Mrs. Johnston's testimony]
                                Oliver KC: Yes, to go and open the door; that is my suggestion.
                                Mrs Johnston: That was my idea; I thought that was the object.

Oliver KC: You had the idea too ?
                                Mrs Johnston: It just flashed across my mind because it was a peculiar thing, a mackintosh.

Oliver KC: I quite agree — that the woman might have thrown it over her shoulders to go and open the door ?
                                Mrs Johnston: Yes.

and something John Parkes said about the glove...
                                Last edited by RodCrosby; 12-04-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X