URGENT- Don Souden Has Had A Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Archaic;325556]Hi Carol,

Don did get your photographs of your trip to Tombstone Arizona; he told me about them. He has told me he's received cards from you and I've passed on his thanks.

Hi Bunny,

I'm very glad that Don received the photographs and the cards but you haven't told me. The only thing I remember is that you said on Casebook that you told him about our trip to my husband's sister in Tucson and that I was now very good with a six-shooter. I know that you are very ill and that life is very difficult for you. I also know that you wouldn't want me to tell everyone else like this. The reason why I am writing this is because I want you to be able to relax a bit from worrying about informing us all about Don and contacting his sister, etc. I am very worried about you.

Please don't think I don't care about you and what you are going through. I want all who read this post to understand just how much you mean to all your friends on Casebook and that we don't want you to feel under so much pressure. I'm hoping that someone else can either take over or help you with keeping us informed about Don.

I'm very worried about you. I'm crying as I write this. Please, please, please, please think about yourself first.

Bunny has asked us many times for prayers to be said for other Casebook members. She needs prayers herself now. I can remember that she has also asked for 'thoughts' to be sent to people. So let's send our thoughts to her! I know that many of us believe in 'something' or 'someone'. Even is it isn't the God and Jesus I believe in. Thank you.

I'm very sad indeed that Mike has now passed away. I know he was a great friend to you.

I'll be sending an Email to you tomorrow - a private one. Mind you, after this post you probably won't want to be my pen-pal any more.

With lots of love from me,
    Carol
    Last edited by Carol; 01-04-2015, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Hi everyone,

It's nearly midnight and I should be in bed but couldn't settle. Please pray for Bunny. Please.

Carol

Comment

• Our thoughts and prayers are with you Bunny, you seem to care so much for others I am so sorry for your loss.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Hi Bunny

I am very sad about your latest loss. The thing is, I must tell you now what Linda would tell you, namely that if you don't start spending some time on looking after YOURSELF then we will end up asking Don to give us progress reports about YOU. So start looking after yourself. That's an order.

Comment

• Well said Robert.

Much love and respect to you Bunny. Take some time out for yourself. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

God bless.

Julie

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I've heard from Bunny and she's still talking to me. Mind you, she gave me a gentle 'telling off' for posting that she was so ill. She said she copes better if people don't know. So we mustn't mention it. She's as tough as old boots (that mixture of Yank and Irish, don't you know). However, that doesn't stop us praying for her, does it? Thank you GUT, Robert and Limehouse for your posts. I know they will help her right now as she is mourning the loss of Mike. Your post, Robert, was right on target.

Best wishes,
              Carol
              Last edited by Carol; 01-05-2015, 04:35 AM.

Comment

• Carol

Not remotely surprised she's still talking to you, I don't actually know her but seems far to nice to hold a grudge over that.
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Don Is In The Hospital

Don had trouble breathing and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.

They think he might have the Flu, which actually isn't good as this year's flu is a very severe one and he's had multiple bouts of pneumonia.

I'm trying to find out more.

Thanks,
                  Archaic

Comment

• Thank you, Bunny for sharing that.
                    Love ya,

Cris
                    Best Wishes,
                    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                      Don had trouble breathing and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.

They think he might have the Flu, which actually isn't good as this year's flu is a very severe one and he's had multiple bouts of pneumonia.

I'm trying to find out more.

Thanks,
                      Archaic

Thanks Archaic, my thoughts and prayers are with him.

I also hope that things have improved a bit for you, as you are also in my thoughts.
                      G U T

Comment

• Thanks Bunny. Hoping for a good outcome.

Comment

• Update on Don

Hi guys; thanks.

I was able to speak to Don in the hospital last night for a few minutes. He sounds mentally sharp but had several spasms of coughing that he said really hurt his abdomen. His congestion sounded pretty terrible; he said they think he has the flu.

Don said he started coughing at Fairview and then "vomited 15 times and had trouble breathing" so they called an ambulance to take him to the hospital. He's on an IV drip to replenish lost fluids. He was too sick to watch the Super Bowl.

He told me about the massive snowstorm that hit Connecticut, and we reminisced about all the fantastic sledding, tobogganing & ice skating on frozen ponds we did as a kids.

I suggested he try calling Room Service to see if he can get an Italian meatball sub or some pizza & Don agreed that was a good idea.

We decided to expand out 'World Tour' to include historic sites in New England where we both grew up; Don volunteered to be my guide.

He said, "I cant wait to finally really meet you in person after all these years," and I replied that I looked forward to meeting him too. Don remarked wryly,"I'm afraid you'll be disappointed." Same sardonic sense of humor! I told him I'll give him a big hug.

Don mentioned the notes he's received from Stewart Evans and Paul Begg and the various cards & postcards he's received. He said he'd love to get more postcards etc if anybody cares to drop him a line. (hint)

Don said he's looking forward to having a nice English dinner with Stewart & Paul and attending the next Ripper conference. He asked what Adam's up to. He'd like to hear some Ripper-related news if anybody is doing research, writing an article or book, or has a read an article or book they'd like to tell him about.

Don asked me to say hello to everybody and thank you for your concern.

I kept the call to just a few minutes because of his coughing and the nurses coming in constantly. Very glad they're keeping a close eye on him.

Please continue to keep Don in your thoughts and prayers.

Thanks,
                          Bunny
                          Last edited by Archaic; 02-03-2015, 02:02 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Bunny. Hopefully Don will soon be on the mend.

Comment

• get well

Hello Bunny. Thanks for the update. Hope he gets well soon.

Cheers.
                              LC

Comment

• Update On Don

Hi Robert & Lynn.

Don doesn't have the flu, he has an Upper Respiratory Infection & UTI but his insurance has already sent him back to Fairview, mainly because it's cheaper than the hospital.

Unfortunately that's always been how health insurance works in America.

I'm really not clear if the Upper Respiratory Tract infection was the cause of his severe repeated vomiting. Hopefully it's under control now and the IV drips helped rehydrate him.

If any of you can grab a postcard to send Don he'd appreciate it very much. Please don't think it has to be spectacular or show one of the 7 Wonders of the World; anything is interesting after a couple of years in a nursing home.

Thank you,
                                Archaic

Comment

Working...
                                X