Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The final part of the Yorkshire Mystery Solved at last.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The final part of the Yorkshire Mystery Solved at last.

I was amazed to find this case has suddenly been solved thirty five years on.

Joan Harrison was a woman who was murdered in Preston in 1975. She was tentatively linked with the Yorkshire Ripper case in its early stages as a possible victim, but then when the infamous "I'm Jack" letters and tapes were sent , one of the reasons the police took them seriously was because the sender mentioned the Harrison murder. The letters had been sent by someone with the same rare blood group as Harrison's killer and the police wrongly thought at the time that the two cases had never been publicly linked. Unfortunately they had, in the Daily Mirror some years earlier.

Sutcliffe denied killing Harrison. Of course, the letters and tape were themselves an unsolved mystery for many years, until DNA led to the arrest of John Humble for sending them a few years ago.

Now, amazingly, a cold case squad have solved Joan Harrison's murder too through DNA matching and a death bed confession.

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

after murder, rape and attempted murder why wasn't this sorry sack in jail?

Comment

Well lets hope his passing was agonising. One of the cases I'm researching at the moment concerns the brutal murder of a young boy. The two boys who murdered him got away with it.

I did however take some satisfaction in discovering that the ringleader died in terrible agony, taking three days to die. Justice at last.

Comment

I know. When he murdered his wife he got two years probabation. It was decided it was manslaughter as he claimed she fell into the knife he was threatening her life with.

Comment

Another major blow against Noel O'Gara's "theories" together with the finding of "Wearside Jack"...amongst other things

Comment

Working...
          X