Schwartz v. Lawende

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post

So it wasn’t a matter of the Fixed Point PC that the sergeant saw first going home much earlier than the one that he got to last then.
    I think you misunderstand me Mike.
    The confusion was over the use of the term 'Fixed Point' when relating the procedure of a City sergeant.
    That paragraph concerning the duties of a City sergeant did not apply to a Fixed Point duty as we know on the Metropolitan force.
    All that City sergeant was doing was checking the beat constable was on time with his beat. The Met. force had the same type of system for making sure the constable on his beat was keeping to his schedule.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Did the sergeant do his rounds on a bicycle, blowing a whistle to signify end of shift?
      Sounding more like pantomime now
      Bagpipes, I bet it was bagpipes. Not need for a bicycle, just stand outside the station for a rendition of Scotland the Brave and every FP on duty can clock off.

- Jeff

Comment

The confusion was over the use of the term 'Fixed Point' when relating the procedure of a City sergeant.
        That paragraph concerning the duties of a City sergeant did not apply to a Fixed Point duty as we know on the Metropolitan force.
        All that City sergeant was doing was checking the beat constable was on time with his beat. The Met. force had the same type of system for making sure the constable on his beat was keeping to his schedule.
        Didn't the Met also use 'fixed points' for checking in with beat constables? From my reading of Neil's book, I didn't get the impression that this only applied to the City force (it's discussed on pg. 84).

Comment

Hi Wick,

I don’t know if you saw Neil’s reply on the Ask Monty thread?

“The Section Sergeant (who would be on constant patrol around his section) would commonly release the Fixed Point Officer at the allotted time.

if the Section Sergeant would know he would be unavailable to release the FP Officer then a reserve would be arranged or, in some cases, the Station Inspector would do the duty if he was available.​“
          Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
          X