JTR Museum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Observer View Post
    Don't get you started on the Michelmas daisies. Believe me, it doesn't need you much to "get started", where Mr Edwards is concerned. Edwards produced a book, not dissimilar in inaccuracies to many Ripper authors, it's the genre. Get over it. He produced a book made some money. I'll tell you what, I'll start a thread discussing Stephen Knights book, and you can pull that to bits as well.
    Oh you are just two tons of fun aren't cha.

If a poster has an opinion on another individual involved in the world of The Whitechapel Murders then they are more than within their own right to state their opinion.

You should take more after your own username and less after a plonker, eh petal.

Comment

Still waiting to hear how saying when I sad that it was probably to sell some other crack pot theory I wasn't aware it was Edwards is a cop out.

Doesn't seem that everyone else knows as you thought they would either.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by El White Chap View Post
        Oh you are just two tons of fun aren't cha.

If a poster has an opinion on another individual involved in the world of The Whitechapel Murders then they are more than within their own right to state their opinion.

You should take more after your own username and less after a plonker, eh petal.
        You want to mind your own business petal

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Still waiting to hear how saying when I sad that it was probably to sell some other crack pot theory I wasn't aware it was Edwards is a cop out.

Doesn't seem that everyone else knows as you thought they would either.
          It wasn't until Edwards was mentioned that you suddenly thought oh yeah he's the first person who came to my mind. You'd already stated some other crackpot was trying to peddle a theory. Obviously, in your mind someone other than Edwards. So I'm saying he was not the first person who came to your mind.

Comment

It wasn't until Edwards was mentioned that you suddenly thought oh yeah he's the first person who came to my mind. You'd already stated some other crackpot was trying to peddle a theory. Obviously, in your mind someone other than Edwards. So I'm saying he was not the first person who came to your mind.
            No my first though was, "sounds like what Edwards tried to pull"

But I simply didn't believe he would be brazen enough to try it all over again.

But I am truly amazed at your ability to read minds over the internet.

And as for your BS well I really couldn't care less what you think of me.
            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Happy to cast a critical eye over anyone who says they have solved it.

After all the only way the truth about anything is ever found is by taking a long hard look at the claims made.

If my best friend, or even my wife [actually they are one and the same], was to claim "case solved" I along with many others woud be looking for holes in the theory they presented.

If once the holes were pointed out they chose to bury their head and ignore the problems I'd be saying the same things.
              Nothing wrong whatsoever of casting a critical eye over anyone who says they have solved it, the thing is during the mammoth threads devoted to Mr Edwards theories it went a bit further than that didn't it? Any chance to put the knife into Mr Edwards you seem to take it with glee. Your not alone in this practice I might add.

Comment

And as for your BS well I really couldn't care less what you think of me.
                The sentiment is reciprocated.

Comment

No my first though was, "sounds like what Edwards tried to pull"
                  To boot. Then why allude to some other crackpot?

Comment

Nothing wrong whatsoever of casting a critical eye over anyone who says they have solved it, the thing is during the mammoth threads devoted to Mr Edwards theories it went a bit further than that didn't it? Any chance to put the knife into Mr Edwards you seem to take it with glee. Your not alone in this practice I might add.
                    And can you show me one post where I "Put the knife into" Edwards, let alone where took every opportunity to do so.

If he chooses to publish a book using wrong information and claim "Case Solved" he must expect to get flack.

But I am sure he is a big boy and can stick up for himself, and doesn't need you to fight his battles.
                    G U T

Comment

To boot. Then why allude to some other crackpot?
                      Well had you quoted my full post you would know that I said I thought it was some other crackpot, because I didn't think he would be brazen enough to try it again.

But hey if you didn't read that part so be it.
                      G U T

Comment

And can you show me one post where I "Put the knife into" Edwards, let alone where took every opportunity to do so.

If he chooses to publish a book using wrong information and claim "Case Solved" he must expect to get flack.

But I am sure he is a big boy and can stick up for himself, and doesn't need you to fight his battles.
                        If memory serves me well you certainly did, and yes I'll dredge the shawl threads, when I get the time.

There's flack and there's flack. And yes, for once, you have got something correct, Mr Edwards, in all probability, can stick up for himself

Comment

Cockney rhyming slang, also very common in Australia

Trouble and Strife = wife
                          Dog and Bone - Phone
                          Steak and Kidney = Sydney
                          Oxford scholar = Dollar
                          Noah's Ark = shark
                          Frog and Toad = Road

all are pretty common.

The world's biggest dictionary of cockney rhyming slang rated by real Londoners, cockney money, cockney translator and much more! Since 1999.

We have a unique way to communicate English and that is where our slang comes into the picture. Yes, we just don’t use slangs but a rhyming slang for each word we use. If you…Continue Reading

To be honest when Mr B said he's have a butcher's didn't even notice. To me he may as well have written I'll have a look.
                          I am a little unclear here. Can you just arbitrarily make up rhyming slang on your own or are these expressions all agreed upon universally somehow?

c.d.

Comment

Not to be confused with

"I am feeling butchers"

Butcher's = Butcher's hook = Crook = Sick

Gotta love this language.
                            Well I'll be gob smacked. Thanks, boys. You learn something every day on these threads.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                              I am a little unclear here. Can you just arbitrarily make up rhyming slang on your own or are these expressions all agreed upon universally somehow?

c.d.
                              I think that they are pretty universally accepted in those places where it is used.
                              G U T

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                                Well I'll be gob smacked. Thanks, boys. You learn something every day on these threads.

c.d.
                                Like so many things context can mean a lot.

When I was a kid calling some one a B..... [illegitimate] was an insult that could lead to fists flying calling him an old B.... was a term of endearment.
                                G U T

Comment

Working...
                                X