Your 'dream' JTR film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear kensei,
    You are absolutely correct. Baxter has to be K. Grammer. How about Rupert Penry-Jones with dyed hair and a tache for Druitt?

Steve.

Comment

Penry-Jones is a good shout. Do you know something, this started out as a bit of fun but let anyone who laments the state of the British tv/film industry have a look at this thread. Apart from maybe half a dozen Americans and the odd Frenchwoman or Polish director, we must have named well over 50 top- drawer British actors/actresses from the past and present. Hollywood? Pah.

Then again, the above could just be the patriotic after-effects of St George's Day.

Comment

My favourite film, "The Bride of Frankenstein", features a strongly Britrish cast and a British director. Perhaps Hollywood should take note.

Steve.

Comment

Quite a fun topic... seeing as there are so few even watchable films about JTR (well Time after Time is fun innit?)... it's going to take me a bit to think about a cast... or what direction the film should go.. but I do think that David Lynch would be a perfect director for it (he does have experience making a film about London 1888 after all).....I would like to see a film filled with American actors doing really *BAD* accents... that just always makes me laugh.. not that this should be a comedy... sorry..... I just cant stand normal "Hollywood" it has become so terrible these days.. nothing original or good, not that JTR if really an original idea.... unless it would be done *gasp* realistic... not the same old story thas been done 100 times.. no royals, no top hats and cloaks.. no "pretty" victims...sorry again... i'll calm down now. Besides I dont think Hollywood would be able to make a ripper film... how would they fit in all the explosions and special fx? (how I long for classic films.. thank you Steven.. Bride of Frankenstein is one of my all time favorites as well... in fact.. I'm going to watch it tonight!!)

Comment

Bride of Frankenstein is one of my all time favorites as well... in fact.. I'm going to watch it tonight!!)[/QUOTE]

Good man, Steadmund. Life, like love, has her little surprises. Long live Dr. Pretorius.

Best wishes,

Steve.

Comment

Working...
            X