The Suicide of Pigott

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi David,

Please don't wag your arrogant finger at me.

Regards,

Simon
    Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

Right, okay, so we've had "Pigott's itinerary" and very interesting it was. I do always love reading railway timetables. Is that it now? Do you have any actual reason to justify your use of the word "alleged" with reference to Pigott's suicide? Or can you finally admit that he did, indeed, shoot himself?

Comment

Hi David,

Pigott's "suicide" must remain alleged until more reliable information about his death is at hand.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
          Hi David,

Pigott's "suicide" must remain alleged until more reliable information about his death is at hand.
          It's only "alleged" in your mind Simon - and for no good reason that you have been able to offer.

But one question you can answer: Why have you mentioned it in your book?

I mean, what does his death have to do with "Jack the Ripper" or the Whitechapel murders?

Comment

Hi David,

Absolutely nothing that I know of at the moment.

But it may have to do with what the Whitechapel murders were really about.

You never know.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi David,

Absolutely nothing that I know of at the moment.

But it may have to do with what the Whitechapel murders were really about.
              So, two answers to the same question. The first has the benefit of honesty, the second is mysterious.

How may it have to do with what the Whitechapel murders were really about?

Comment

Hi David,

I don't know.

Maybe something. Maybe nothing.

As I said, it all depends on what the Whitechapel murders were really about.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi David,

I don't know.

Maybe something. Maybe nothing.

As I said, it all depends on what the Whitechapel murders were really about.
                  So your book doesn't tell us what the Whitechapel murders were really about then?

Comment

Hi David,

I never claimed it did.

But even if it did, nobody would believe it.

Ripperology's funny that way.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                      Hi David,

I never claimed it did.
                      What does the following mean then:

"there was certainly some sort of high-level cover-up going on, for there is much to suggest that, rather than a linear mystery, the Whitechapel murders were a series of discrete events, with a quasi-supernatural Jack the Ripper used as an umbrella device to explain things away whilst whipping up a diversionary scare." ?

What "things" do you think were being explained away by this "diversionary scare"?

Comment

• Hi David,

I recommend you actually read and internally digest my book instead of using it for target practice.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
                          Hi David,

I recommend you actually read and internally digest my book instead of using it for target practice.
                          So, when it looks like we might be getting somewhere and I ask you a straight question, aimed at the very heart of the matter, I receive only evasion. Yet when I draw my own conclusions I receive only abuse.

Oh well, here goes: the truth is that you don't know what you mean do you? You have included passages in your book with no meaning. That's the reality isn't it?

Comment

• [QUOTE=David Orsam;426091]

Oh well, here goes: the truth is that you don't know what you mean do you? You have included passages in your book with no meaning. That's the reality isn't it?
                            If you were able of applying scientific methods to the issues you want to discuss, we would not see this type of posts. The standard is very low, David.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pierre View Post
                              If you were able of applying scientific methods to the issues you want to discuss, we would not see this type of posts. The standard is very low, David.
                              What scientific method did you apply before writing that post my dear boy?

Comment

Working...
                              X