the victims werent prostitutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
    I don't know if I'm remembering right, but didn't McCarthy have political aspirations? A bit of cleaning up the image would have been a good move.
    Well, he was quite the orator, so he may have done well at the hustings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
      Just as a side issue, one of the aspects of the case that has always raised my eyebrows is why did McCarthy allow Mary Kelly to run up such large rent arrears? It’s probably not a fact that he’d have wanted known. He wouldn’t have wanted to be known as a soft touch and I’m assuming that Mrs Mac might have wondered why he was allowing the young, attractive Mary to run up a debt (although do we know if she had any involvement in the business?)

I’m pretty rusty on this but what do we know of McCarthy that might hint toward his character?
      Not a lot really, but he must have been tough to have thrived in the doss house game.

Comment

• Hi Herlock,

The rent arrears was a tacit way of letting us know that MJK had been in Room 13 for at least six weeks.

According to Barnett, MJK didn't go back on the game until the end of October [ten days before the Millers Court murder].

Regards,

Simon
        Last edited by Simon Wood; 10-06-2018, 11:19 AM.
        Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
          Hi Herlock,

The rent arrears was a tacit way of letting us know that MJK had been in Room 13 for at least six weeks.

According to Barnett, MJK didn't go back on the game until the end of October [ten days before the Millers Court murder].

Regards,

Simon
          Hi Simon
          No doubt
          McCarthy had his own agenda

My particular favourite are the letters from Ireland but not knowing the location
          So we can take it that the postman decided to cross out the limerick or Dublin or wherever postmarks on these letters and scribbled 'ireland' on them ...

Nick
          You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Hi Packers,

Personally, I doubt that any letters addressed to "MJK" and postmarked Ireland arrived at McCarthy's shop.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Herlock,

Regards,

Simon
              Hi Simon,

Could you expand on the emboldened part a bit please?
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• If the rent owing was 27 shillings,not 29,Mary Kelly's rent had not been paid since the weekend of the double event.
                Her namesake and also the defacto of the chap living next to Bowyer were murdered that night.
                My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by DJA View Post
                  If the rent owing was 27 shillings,not 29,Mary Kelly's rent had not been paid since the weekend of the double event.
                  Her namesake and also the defacto of the chap living next to Bowyer were murdered that night.
                  Come on Dave
                  It's all coincidence , we know that
                  Bit like the Russian sightseers in Salisbury
                  You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Or Juwes in Scarborough.
                    My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Nope.

I’m still clueless as to what point is being made here?
                      Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Hi Herlock,

Barnett original witness statement—

"I have lived with her altogether about 18 months, for the last eight months in Millers Court, until last Tuesday week (30 ulto) when in consequence of not earning sufficient money to give her and her resorting to prostitution, I resolved on leaving her."

They had allegedly lived in Millers Court since March 1888.

What event occurred to make them stop paying rent six weeks earlier on 5th October 1888 [6 x 4/6d = 27/-], and why did McCarthy allow them to continue living there?

By the way, their rent was something of a bargain at twopence less per week than a double bed in a registered common lodging house.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• I think Benelius ran up arrears too, didn't he?

Comment

Hi Herlock,

Barnett original witness statement—

"I have lived with her altogether about 18 months, for the last eight months in Millers Court, until last Tuesday week (30 ulto) when in consequence of not earning sufficient money to give her and her resorting to prostitution, I resolved on leaving her."

They had allegedly lived in Millers Court since March 1888.

What event occurred to make them stop paying rent six weeks earlier on 5th October 1888 [6 x 4/6d = 27/-], and why did McCarthy allow them to continue living there?

By the way, their rent was something of a bargain at twopence less per week than a double bed in a registered common lodging house.

Regards,

Simon
                            Thank you Simon
                            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Simon, as I’d recently been reading about your rebuttal of Stephen Knight’s Conspiracy theory I wondered today if I’m being stalked down the ages in revenge. My dad’s currently in hospital and I noticed this office next to his ward.

Free image hosting and sharing service, upload pictures, photo host. Offers integration solutions for uploading images to forums.
                              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

• Hi Herlock,

Best regards to your Dad for a speedy recovery.

Please tell him he's got nothing to fear from Dr. Gull, either in 1888 or now.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Working...
                                X