the victims werent prostitutes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or we could say,

In the Ripper case there are two things that we can be sure of...

1. All the victims were prostitutes.

2. All the victims were murdered where there bodies were found.
    Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

• Yes you could, but only if you have some proof.
      Never believe anything until it has been officially denied.

Comment

• Stride had money from working
        Eddowes had never been known to prostitute herself
        Chapman had access to money aplenty it seems as she had recently been treated at St Barts and bought medicine and pills some 70 years before the NHS
        You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Hi Packers,

St. Bart's was a voluntary hospital. I never quite understood why she went there when she could have gone to the [also voluntary] London Hospital in Whitechapel. But she did have to pay for her medicine bottles.

But that's by the by.

Annie Chapman could afford eightpence a night for a double bed. If she was on the game, business must have been booming.

Incidentally, Abberline told more or less the same "keep my bed, I'll be back" story about Nichols and Chapman.

I have my doubts about FGA.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• Having a few dollars in your pocket at any given time does not make you financially secure. Trust me on this.

Going out on a particular night with no intention to solicit tells us nothing of what their response might be if approached and offered more than the going rate.

c.d.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simon Wood View Post
              Hi Packers,

St. Bart's was a voluntary hospital. I never quite understood why she went there when she could have gone to the [also voluntary] London Hospital in Whitechapel. But she did have to pay for her medicine bottles.

But that's by the by.

Annie Chapman could afford eightpence a night for a double bed. If she was on the game, business must have been booming.

Incidentally, Abberline told more or less the same "keep my bed, I'll be back" story about Nichols and Chapman.

I have my doubts about FGA.

Regards,

Simon
              Thank you Simon
              I have a few doubts also and about his good buddy local landlord

Comment

• Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                Having a few dollars in your pocket at any given time does not make you financially secure. Trust me on this.

Going out on a particular night with no intention to solicit tells us nothing of what their response might be if approached and offered more than the going rate.

c.d.
                That's quite some statement which suggests that's true of everybody

Comment

• Hi Packers,

You must be referring to the good buddy local landlord who attended Abberline's 1892 retirement party at the Three Nuns Hotel.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

Hi Packers,

You must be referring to the good buddy local landlord who attended Abberline's 1892 retirement party at the Three Nuns Hotel.

Regards,

Simon
                    I am indeed Simon
                    Interesting gathering, showing unexpected allegiances

Comment

• Although Stride and Kelly were prostitutes I have always thought that they all liked to get sozzled and had drinks brought for them. Could they have been naive and drunk? Times must have been very hard back then, perhaps they were on the look out for a boyfriend....

I worked in a park once where many people addicted to alcohol sat around all day. I often heard the women talking to each other giggling like teenagers about the drunk blokes they fancied, who were usually also drunk bloated and sweaty but obviously had a way about them? The women were old, I saw them as more destitute than prostitute.

Pat........

Comment

• Hi Packers,

Click image for larger version

Name:	GUESTS.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	667543

No sign of Swanson.

Regards,

Simon

Comment

• "I often heard the women talking to each other giggling like teenagers about the drunk blokes they fancied, who were usually also drunk bloated and sweaty but obviously had a way about them?

This has always been what I pin my hopes on with women.

c.d.

Comment

Hi Packers,

[ATTACH]18821[/ATTACH]

No sign of Swanson.

Regards,

Simon
                            Hi Simon
                            Thank you
                            Surprisingly high number of local business owners and politicians for a Scotland Yard detective ? And as you pointed out , certain superior officers weren't in attendance
                            Interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                              Stride had money from working
                              Eddowes had never been known to prostitute herself
                              Chapman had access to money aplenty it seems as she had recently been treated at St Barts and bought medicine and pills some 70 years before the NHS
                              Where did they keep their cash then? Or did their killer rob them of it before he left the scene?

Would it make a difference if we knew they were completely penniless when they encountered their killer? And if they were indeed penniless, might this not explain why they were still out and about at that time of night?

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post
                                Hi Simon
                                Thank you
                                Surprisingly high number of local business owners and politicians for a Scotland Yard detective ? And as you pointed out , certain superior officers weren't in attendance
                                Interesting
                                I don’t understand why this is in any way suspicious? Locally dignitaries and prominent citizens gather at a celebration of the career of a local retiring police officer. Of course some didn’t attend the gathering but what can be read into that? I personally can’t see anything suspicious in any of this.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                                X