Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Geoprofile of Jack the Ripper reveals Tabram and Nichols connection.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't dismiss the graffiti then those problems go away.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      I´m all for thinking that the Goulston Street discarding place may point us in the direction of the killers dwellings, but I think the suggestion that the rag was dropped inbetween these two points has much more going for it than any idea that the murderer walked past his home to drop it and then returned home. It makes very little sense.
      Agreed 100%.
      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Batman View Post
        If you don't dismiss the graffiti then those problems go away.
        In what sense? (It's not clear which post you're referring to.)
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• The barriers being erected to prevent Levy from going home up the road from the Mitre Sq., dumping the organs, cleaning himself up and then taking the apron piece back out and dumping it just up the road in a Jewish district for some graffiti message, simply aren't barriers at all.

It explains where he went in the missing time.

It gives us his bolt hole being his home.

It's in a green area of the geoprofile, meaning while not the hot zone, is still within the geoprofile.

Would have been cognisant of police beats in the area.

Probably went off after to join the crowd at Mitre Sq., for a look after.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            I´m all for thinking that the Goulston Street discarding place may point us in the direction of the killers dwellings, but I think the suggestion that the rag was dropped inbetween these two points has much more going for it than any idea that the murderer walked past his home to drop it and then returned home. It makes very little sense.
            You're looking at this as the crow flies. Why couldn't the killer have taken a circuitous route back home? Something or someone may have put him off taking the direct path.

Jacob Levy had a brother who lived in the Wentworth Dwellings. Perhaps the original plan was to duck into his brothers' place first before returning home to the missus?

Perhaps he was going to make it a "Triple Event" but lost his nerve or something else deterred him, so he headed back in the direction of home, depositing the apron rag along the way.

Comment

• Introducing Joseph Levy, aka "Double-back Man". Doubling-back from his walk with Lawende and Harris to kill Catherine Eddowes, then doubling-back again from his home to deposit the apron in Goulston Street.

Doesn't really work for me.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                Introducing Joseph Levy, aka "Double-back Man". Doubling-back from his walk with Lawende and Harris to kill Catherine Eddowes, then doubling-back again from his home to deposit the apron in Goulston Street.

Doesn't really work for me.
                Jacob Levy isn't Joseph Levy.

Last edited by Batman; 12-12-2018, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Sorry. Got my wires crossed.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Sorry. Got my wires crossed.
                    As have a few I would think and it's an easy mistake to make.

Obviously what this all seems to imply is a possible solution to the JtR case.

Jacob Levy on his way back home from Berner St. met Eddowes, took the opportunity to stop her to speak to her and was seen by a neighbour, Joseph Hyam Levy, along with Lawende and Harry Harris. At the time it appears that none of them got a good look at him... but not NO look at him... just not a good one.

However, we have reason to believe that Joseph Hyam Levy may have actually seen him much better than he was letting on.

"Mr. Joseph Levy is absolutely obstinate and refuses to give us the slightest information. He leaves one to infer that he knows something, but that he is afraid to be called on the inquest. Hence he assumes a knowing air. - https://www.casebook.org/press_repor.../18881009.html

Jacob Levy knows he has been seen but is unsure that he can be identified. He decides to threaten those who may have seen him, by going out with the bloody apron piece and writing a threat on the wall, ... 'THE MEN' who will...

Joseph Levy, afraid, refuses to identify him. Makes sense given this is JtR we are talking about and a very dangerous fellow.

Jacob eventually institutionalised is no longer a threat. Jacob is brought to the seaside home where Joseph formally identifies him as JtR but explains he won't testify against him.

Anderson confuses Kozminski with Jacob Levy. Swanson follows in that confusion knowing names have changed among their lists of POIs, but correctly asserts he is dead and died in hospital... which is how Jacob died.

Comment

• Jacob Levy also had a compelling reason to hate women, since he contracted syphilis and his ailing physical/mental state contributed to the downfall of the family business.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry D View Post
                        You're looking at this as the crow flies. Why couldn't the killer have taken a circuitous route back home? Something or someone may have put him off taking the direct path.

Jacob Levy had a brother who lived in the Wentworth Dwellings. Perhaps the original plan was to duck into his brothers' place first before returning home to the missus?

Perhaps he was going to make it a "Triple Event" but lost his nerve or something else deterred him, so he headed back in the direction of home, depositing the apron rag along the way.
                        Hi harry
                        I guess you didnt see my previous post question but im thinking alomg the lines is he went home first, cleaned up, dropped off knife and goodies, maybe cleaned up grab a piece of chalk and then went back out later, basically just around the corner to write the grafitti and drop the apron. It would also explain why pc long didnt see it first time around.
                        "Is all that we see or seem
                        but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                        quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

• ... and just under six weeks later, after the Eddowes murder, the witness George Hutchinson had reported that he had seen a man of a Jewish appearance accompanying Mary Jane Kelly on the night of the Millers Court murder, and who he thought as seeing once again a short time later in Jacob's street of residence - Middlesex Street! - https://casebook.org/suspects/jacoblevy.html

Oh wow, I wonder what the Hutchinson deniers think of this one.

Comment

... and just under six weeks later, after the Eddowes murder, the witness George Hutchinson had reported that he had seen a man of a Jewish appearance accompanying Mary Jane Kelly on the night of the Millers Court murder, and who he thought as seeing once again a short time later in Jacob's street of residence - Middlesex Street! - https://casebook.org/suspects/jacoblevy.html
                            Hutchinson actually said that he thought he'd seen the suspect in Petticoat Lane. This might mean Middlesex Street, Wentworth Street or the immediately adjoining streets that made up what was, and is, colloquially referred to as "Petticoat Lane" market.
                            Oh wow, I wonder what the Hutchinson deniers think of this one.
                            There'd be nothing remarkable in seeing a man of Jewish appearance in Petticoat Lane on a Sunday, where hundreds, if not thousands, of Jews lived, worked and/or visited.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Hutchinson actually said that he thought he'd seen the suspect in Petticoat Lane. This might mean Middlesex Street, Wentworth Street or the immediately adjoining streets that made up what was, and is, colloquially referred to as "Petticoat Lane" market.There'd be nothing remarkable in seeing a man of Jewish appearance in Petticoat Lane on a Sunday, where hundreds, if not thousands, of Jews lived, worked and/or visited.
                              We can say it is two streets forming an adjoining market, Middlesex and Wentworth.

Take the furthest point away in the market from Jacob Levy's home and what would be the distance? Well aside from the fact he is falling out of bed into the market, it would be the 100 or so meter length of the market would it not?

Hutchinson said he saw the man here before.

Comment

We can say it is two streets forming an adjoining market, Middlesex and Wentworth.
                                The adjoining streets would have had market stalls, too, as they do to this day.
                                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

Working...
                                X