No announcement yet.

There must be a photo of Frederick Abberline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was Karen Trenouth's site. If anyone, surely she would know which man was Abberline.

Mike
    huh?

Comment

• Hello you all!

So, if we would have started this thread based on these photo bases, it would have been named "The Obvious photo of Frederick Abberline"!

All the best
      Jukka
      "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

• A purported drawing of the man here. Dave
        We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jane Coram View Post
          There are actually four sketches of Abberline that I have found....(I don't think I've seen any others, and they are posted here. I recently did a portrait of Abberline from one of the sketches and am in the process of doing another, although there has to be some guesswork. I couldn't find any record of the colour of his eyes, so guessed at brown. Anyone have any idea?

I'm 100% convinced that the photo above on this thread is Abberline, having spent so much time staring at him! I think it matches up very well with the newspaper sketch - for what it's worth.

Love

Jane

xxxxx
          'Tis a beautiful painting of Frederick Abberline, Jane! Keep up the great work!

Comment

• Abberline photo!

Heres a little fun. My Version of Abberline.

Does it look like him...? Who knows...Hope it brings a smile though..
            Attached Files

Comment

• fantastic work!

Comment

• Nice work, Aberlime.
                Does it look like FGA? Well, we don't know, do we. We haven't got much to go on. To me, your rendition looks, perhaps, a little too young, a little too thin, and a little too tall. And, AFAIK, we have no reports of Abberline wandering around the East End armed. The facial hair is good, though.

Comment

• Well, hes not too young, cos he's me, too thin? bless you. Couldn't resist the gun...
                  The body in the background by the way, is one we built for the movie, The Wolfman. It was loosely based on the Mary kelly. Very loosely. It was never used unfortunately..

Thanks for the nice comments!

Comment

• You, eh? Didn't know. OK then, wait a while, eat lots of pasta, try to stoop more, lose the gun, and the next picture will be perfect.

Comment

• Inspector Abberline

"Inspector Abberline was portly and gentle speaking. The type of police officer-and there have been many-who might easily have been mistaken for the manager of a bank or a solicitor." - ex-Chief Inspector Walter Dew.
                      SPE

Treat me gently I'm a newbie.

Comment

• Portly and gentle speaking. Its funny, none of the policemen who have been shown as possible Abberlin's in that group shot, were what I would call portly, would you?

Comment

• Abberline reconstruction...

This looks as much like Abberline as any photo ive seen...
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice photo, but it isn't he. Still too thin, innit.

Comment

• Well my own weight goes up and down since I hit 40, mind you, its not him no...

Comment

• Wait til you hit 50, mate. Then your weight only goes up. I'm told it starts to go down again sometime in your 60s, but I'm still weighting.

Comment

Working...
                                X