French shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French shootings

Given there is no evidence of the victim's car being followef doesn't that mean either a pre arranged meet for some purpose or a random assault?

Probably a bit early to say...though it doesn't have the appearance of a random assault...

Out of interest where do we learn of there being no evidence their car was followed? Sounds to me as though there could equally well be no evidence to suggest their car wasn't followed? Unless the roads in question are under intensive CCTV surveillance (like, for example, London), just how could you tell?

All the best

Dave

Comment

Dave
      There have been a few eye witnesses quoted in the press - Evening Standard
      - tonight for example who claim to have seen the vic's beamer, but no following traffic. Of course they don't say how long they watched the road for.

Comment

Originally posted by kangacaught View Post
        Given there is no evidence of the victim's car being followef doesn't that mean either a pre arranged meet for some purpose or a random assault?
        Perhaps the victims made a habit of going to that spot? Perhaps the murderer(s), having intended to kill these people all along, met them there by chance and decided it was a perfect opportunity? Perhaps they were under some other form of surveillance than being followed by car?
        - Ginger

Comment

There is something very professional and calculated about these killings, at least as I read the reports.

The double head shots, all killed in the car plus the daughter and a cyclist who appears to have stumbled across the crime while it was in train. the survival of the youngest child could well be explainable if they never glimpsed her.

Had the car been followedI suspect that they would have known there were six people in the car, four adults and TWO girls, having seen them get in.

The location suggests to me a pre-arranged meeting - unless the victims' car was forced off the road. I think we may well find that this was a professional hit and relates to some fued or maybe Iranian political issues.

But all supposition at this stage.

Phil H

Comment

A few days ago I heard on the news (Sky, I think) that a woman who was camping at the same site as the family had said that the father drove off alone in his car about five different times on the day of the killings.

Carol

Comment

French police probing the shooting of a British-Iraqi family in the French Alps last month have launched a new appeal for witnesses and seized cash from a Swiss bank account linked to the murdered father,…

Swiss prosecutors have confirmed that a British man of Iraqi origin killed with three members of his family visited a bank in Geneva shortly before he was murdered, according to a Swiss news report.

[...]

But the Tribune de Geneve newspaper on Friday reported that Hilli had visited Geneva, and said that prosecutors there believed his trip to the banking capital of Europe was “linked to the murders”.
              - Ginger

Comment

Working...
              X