No announcement yet.

No limits to immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sure it has not escaped anybodies notice that many of the claims made about immigration today echo claims being made back in the days of JTR, even about people from the same areas of Eastern Europe. Fagan, it seems is still alive and well.

Of course, the crime figures are skewed. The attention grabbing headlines are based on flawed data (taking any "non-White" answer as "foreign" for example in one case, and one widely reported comparisson is between a full years data and a partial years data (amazing, more crimes occured in a year than in six months!). The Five Chinese Crackers blog is a great place to start reading up on this area.

The biggest complaints I hear, especially of benefit fraud, can be easily made against an awful lot of Brits. It is not immigration that is the issue, it the system as a whole. Fix holes in the system that allow for increased benefit fraud, violent crime, and so forth, and you will stop the problems over all. Concentrate on immigration too heavily and you will remove the scapegoat then (as history has shown many times over) still been left with the problem.

But I'm a nandy pamby left of centre liberal, so what would I know.
    There Will Be Trouble! http://www.amazon.co.uk/A-Little-Tro...s=T.+E.+Hodden

Comment

What I have noticed is that prostitution rackets have multiplied by 70% due to Albanian gangsters coming here and setting them up.Anybody would think the only criminals we need to get bothered about are those that are black or brown skinned.We have plenty of our own home grown criminals,black, white, brown you name it and quite a few of our home grown ones are in parliament fiddling massive expenses on tax payers money [while making laws that send others to prison for much less] and Robber bankers to be precise [or Robber barons if Derrick prefers] using our taxes to bail them out from their irresponsible debts to the tune of millions and millions of pounds and then laughing in our faces as they award themselves millions of pounds in bonuses.
      Last edited by Natalie Severn; 05-26-2011, 01:31 AM.

Comment

I don't want to see any Albanians over here. They are big fans of Norman Wisdom, and already I am seeing people walking into lampposts, driving their lawnmowers on the wrong side of the road, getting knocked over by revolving doors and undergoing various other chaotic experiences. Sometimes they pour sponge, custard and fruit over their heads and sing "Don't laugh at me 'cause I'm a fool." It's all getting too much.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
          I don't want to see any Albanians over here. They are big fans of Norman Wisdom, and already I am seeing people walking into lampposts, driving their lawnmowers on the wrong side of the road, getting knocked over by revolving doors and undergoing various other chaotic experiences. Sometimes they pour sponge, custard and fruit over their heads and sing "Don't laugh at me 'cause I'm a fool." It's all getting too much.
          I couldn't agree more, Robert. Why only the other day, as I pulled up at the traffic lights, I found myself accosted by a whole family of Eastern European looking types. All of them adorned in ill fitting jackets and trousers, topped off with battered flatcaps. They clumsily attempted to wash my windscreen, despite my protests!!! Needless to say, they ended up stepping in their buckets of water, tripping over themselves and repeatedly shouting for someone by the name of "Mr Grimsdale"!!!

Best wishes,

Zodiac.
          Last edited by Zodiac; 05-26-2011, 02:26 AM.
          And thus I clothe my naked villainy
          With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ;
          And seem a saint, when most I play the devil.

Comment

Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post
            I am sure it has not escaped anybodies notice that many of the claims made about immigration today echo claims being made back in the days of JTR, even about people from the same areas of Eastern Europe. Fagan, it seems is still alive and well.

Of course, the crime figures are skewed. The attention grabbing headlines are based on flawed data (taking any "non-White" answer as "foreign" for example in one case, and one widely reported comparisson is between a full years data and a partial years data (amazing, more crimes occured in a year than in six months!). The Five Chinese Crackers blog is a great place to start reading up on this area.

The biggest complaints I hear, especially of benefit fraud, can be easily made against an awful lot of Brits. It is not immigration that is the issue, it the system as a whole. Fix holes in the system that allow for increased benefit fraud, violent crime, and so forth, and you will stop the problems over all. Concentrate on immigration too heavily and you will remove the scapegoat then (as history has shown many times over) still been left with the problem.

Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
              What I have noticed is that prostitution rackets have multiplied by 70% due to Albanian gangsters coming here and setting them up.Anybody would think the only criminals we need to get bothered about are those that are black or brown skinned.We have plenty of our own home grown criminals,black, white, brown you name it and quite a few of our home grown ones are in parliament fiddling massive expenses on tax payers money [while making laws that send others to prison for much less] and Robber bankers to be precise [or Robber barons if Derrick prefers] using our taxes to bail them out from their irresponsible debts to the tune of millions and millions of pounds and then laughing in our faces as they award themselves millions of pounds in bonuses.
              And double bravo to Norma!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post

That's cheered me up no-end Robert. Now I can face Thursday!

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                  I think you will find that quite a number of our more undesirable criminals ended up in Spain and South America. Ever heard of the Costa Del Crime?

Again you are trying to confuse the issue. The Costa del Crime was formed by criminals from other countries flocking to Spain to use it as a safe haven. They did not go there to retire.

In any case I can assure you that those criminals made very sure they kept their noses very clean whilst in Spain.

Comment

[QUOTE=babybird67;176410

Criminals should be dealt with by the criminal justice system. If part of that is deporting them, then I am not against that, if they have committed a crime for which deportation could be the punishment.
                    Jen[/QUOTE]

Deportation is not a punishment. Seeing as you haven't said you agree with my proposal that all foreign criminals should be deported you must be in favour of keeping foreign criminals here to commit more crime! Well now we know where you stand.

Comment

Originally posted by Limehouse View Post
                      Your post and its tone implies that all immigrants are a drain on our resources and are little more than bandits. It is true that there are criminal elements and scroungers among SOME of the immigrants who come to our shores. However they are outnumbered by our own home-grown undesirables who do all the things you describe above.

Almost all immigrants contribute positively to our wealth and our culture. Our health service would certainly be in trouble without immigrant workers and where I live - the crops would rot in the fields before most locals would earn a crust picking and packing them.
                      Oh that's ok then. As long as our home grown criminals outnumber the ones we are importing, everything's just fine and dandy.

Actually a recent study showed that immigrants did not contribute significantly to the wealth of the country. Two main reasons were that a large percentage of wages earned was shipped out and the extra cost to our services outweighed the benefits.

Comment

Post by Errata

I totally agree with your post. Unfortunately in this country when we identify immigrants like your drug dealing neighbour, instead of deporting them we cuddle them and let them carry on with their evil ways.

The two other people you mention are just the sort of people I welcome to this country, people who wish to embrace my way of life - not destroy it.

Comment

Really?

Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post
                          Quite right Tom Tom, it's all in our imagination. Remind me again about the robbers who murdered a police officer and injured 21 other people in 1909 in Tottenham, oh and wasn't there something about three police officers being murdered in Houndsditch in 1910, and of of course there was the jolly little get together in Sidney Street in 1911.

Oh these immigrant scamps! Robbing and murdering people on the streets of London all a bit of a laugh really wasn't it?

Comment

Naughty Natalie!!

Originally posted by Natalie Severn View Post
                            What I have noticed is that prostitution rackets have multiplied by 70% due to Albanian gangsters coming here and setting them upaward .
                            Now now Natalie. You mustn't start using facts to confuse people like Babybird and Limehouse.

Say after me "All immigrants are good people -even the ones who rob, rape, murder and steal"

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
                              Now now Natalie. You mustn't start using facts to confuse people like Babybird and Limehouse.

Say after me "All immigrants are good people -even the ones who rob, rape, murder and steal"
                              For someone who dislikes being misrepresented, Bob, and towards someone who has shown you nothing but respect in this debate, the above misrepresentation of my views, and those of Limehouse's, is disgraceful.

I specifically said the committing of crimes by immigrants was NOT condoned. Unfortunately, as someone who obviously cannot distinguish between two separate issues, that is crime and immigration, then perhaps you ought to rethink your participation in the thread. You obviously don't comprehend what we are discussing.
                              babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hinton View Post
                                Deportation is not a punishment. Seeing as you haven't said you agree with my proposal that all foreign criminals should be deported you must be in favour of keeping foreign criminals here to commit more crime! Well now we know where you stand.
                                Eh? How can you state that after i specifically stated I was in agreement with it? Are you blind?
                                babybird

There is only one happiness in life—to love and be loved.

George Sand

Comment

Working...
                                X